Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Shore Excursions-Western Caribbean

Got a couple of question. This is my first cruise. I will be solo cruising. What should I expect on the shore excursions? Any suprises? (I.E. Natives at ports, cab rip offs........

I will be going to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Cozumel.

ReverendJeff posted that Montego Bay was dangereous. What was he referring to?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2006, 11:41 AM
Admiral

You know that old saying " There is safety in numbers?" well...... You will be in foreign countries, its is better to travel in a group. Either book ships tours, go to the singles meet and greet on the ship, tag along with your tablemates, or book independant tours with reputable tour operators.
Old May 1st, 2006, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Since this is your first cruise and you are traveling solo I would recommend you book ships tours. Even though I've done a number of cruises if I was traveling by myself I would go with the ships tours.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:06 PM
First Mate

mafiaprincess, I hope I did not scare you.
Dangerous is a relative term. For some, bing in a strange place with people trying to get you to come into their shops is dangerous. Poverty is what makes some areas of our country dangerous as well. When people are desperate, they may react in negative ways.
With your name, you should have no worries!
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Reverend Jeff, You didn't scare me. I know a few people who have gone to Jamaica. I was just curious what you were talking about. I will take a group excursion on all excursions. Like the other posts have said, there is safety in numbers.

Naturally I am totally unlike my nickname. I lived in a very nice area of town and unfortunately we had some neighbor kids who would shoot their pellet guns at our house and cars. They were young. Meanie old friends just called me mafia princess because of the pellets those little kids were shooting into our door. I figured that this nickname would probably draw some curiosity. I tried to change it, but it hasn't worked yet!

Thanks to all.