Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Default Best Beach - St. Martin

Which beach would you recommend in St. Martin? We're looking for one that has restroom facilities and restaurant/snack bar.
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Orient Beach
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I really enjoyed going to ORient beach, quite a few restaurants/bars and lots of water activities, plenty of lounge chairs, etc. You can easily get a cab there and there are plenty right there for the return trip back to the pier.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Thanks, Donna and Lisa....Orient Beach was SPECTACULAR!!! Just returned from my cruise and Orient Beach was our favorite so far ($8 per person one way). We made arrangements with our van driver to pick us up at a certain time. It is breathtakingly beautiful. The sand is so soft and clean, no shells or pebbles and a gradual drop when you walk into the crystal clear, clean, water. There are lounge chairs set up with beach umbrellas that you can rent for the day ($7 for a chair, $3 for an umbrella). There are water sports galore, i.e., water trampoline, parasailing, wave runners, banana boat, etc. There are numerous restaurants around the beach area (we had a great pizza) and a Tiki bar right on the beach with restrooms and changing rooms. There is also wait staff walking on the beach taking drink orders. Whenever I have trouble falling asleep from now on, I'll just close my eyes and picture beautiful Orient Beach.
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Passenger

Default Orient Beach

We also loved Orient Beach. There was a gentle warm rain, so hubby drifted off to sleep under the umbrella. Down the beach came a clothing optional bather. Nude and about 70 and overweight. I woke up Hubby and he took one look and buried his head in the towels. Said don't wake me up for that. About an hour later when he was back in dreamland, a woman who would pass for Miss America came by au naturale. I didn't wake him as requested and then he pouted later when the other guys told him about it. But seriously the only thing wrong with Orient Beach is the coed bathrooms.
Old June 29th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Beginner

Hands down Orient Beach. Please do not act surprised when you arrive and it is clothing optional. Every cruise excursion descriptions explain that. We visit St Martin and Orient Beach at least 1-2 times a year. When staying from more than a cruise day, we stay at Orient Beach at a woderful small resort La Plantation. Even if we take an excursion from the ship we always take that tour. We eat the lunch provided, enjoy our free drink, and then head down to Club O. It is just beyond Pedros's and the sign. Camp out right in front of Club O's bar. It is really something you have to experience. Go with an open mind, and who knows, after a few trips you will join everyone at Club O.