Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Familiar Face

Default White water rafting in Jamacia???

Has anyone done the ship sponsored white water reafting in Jamacia? there are 5 of us going and it looks great. I am not a strong swimmer and it is listed as a 3 on the scale. Thanks

Elation 2003
Celebration 2004
Conquest 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2008
Conquest 2009
Conquest 2010
Magic 2012
Magic 2013
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Passenger

Are you refering to the float tubes? I went on a float tube trip in early January. It wasn't white water rafting. Each person had a tube, like a large truck tube. these were tied together with about 20 each, two tubes paired together side by side. The water was low in the river. I had read that this was one of the best tours in Jamaica. It wasn't. If you have been white water rafting before you are in for a disapointment. Possibly if you go right after a monsoon it might be more exciting.
Old August 6th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Beginner

Just got back from the Conquest. We did a whitewater rafting excursion with Carolyn Barrett. I don't know if the ship excursion is the same but I would strongly suggest you do something else, unless they get a ton more rain. After waiting 3 hours for a raft, we finally got out on the river. However, the entire trip was spent getting stuck at every section of rapids. (And there were a lot!) Our guide kept yelling at us to move to the other side of the raft, or sit down in the raft. Then he would get out of the raft and push and pull it until it came loose. Not a whole lot of fun, and we were extremely sore after it was over.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:43 PM
Passenger

We did the Cost Rica White water rafting. It should be perfect for you if you are concerned about the river being too strong and too agressive.

This is the perfect river for all walks of life. It is not too strong where you would be fearing the water the whole time but it is fun and exciting enough for the others that they wont be dissapointed.

While it was not as wild as I hoped it would be, I had a great time and I would do it again.

Book it, you will enjoy it. You dont need to be a very strong swimmer to do this.

Tom

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.