Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Passenger

Default Belize Tour Advice Please!

Has anyone used Belize cruise excursions before? They seem by far the most reasonable and their website is impressive- it also says "Island Marketing Ltd" on the site- I don't want to book such a tour (Xanuntunich) and get ripped off without hearing from past customers. I mean, we will be out of the country and helpless basically. I have done extensive (obsessive) research on this and they seem to be like I said, reasonable. Can anyone offer advice on how I can check up and see if they are reputable? Can anyone offer me another at around the same price ($70.00 pp with lunch included).

Thanks!

Courtney
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Courtney,
Belize is one place where we always book through the ship. It is one of our favorite ports, but it is very poor and that means high crime rates. You'll love it, but err on the side of caution, please.
Marty
Old July 15th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Hi Courtney,

I agree with colorcrazie, especially if you want to go to the ruins. They're pretty far from the port and if something happens (the bus breaks down, etc.) the ship won't wait for you . I looked at the website and it looks okay, but anyone can build a website!

I just wouldn't chance it. I'd definitely book with the ship for Belize!

Another Arkansan,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

We wanted to go cave tubing in Belize. I noticed there were many many happy people on the boards that went with Yhony at cave-tubing.com. That's where we've booked too.

Did anyone ever get stiffed by these guys?

Kim
Old July 15th, 2006, 11:13 PM
First Mate

We booked with Island Marketing, Ltd. in Cozumel and were very happy with them. When the boat we were originally booked on had to have maintenance the week we were going, they e-mailed me well ahead of time and gave me the option of going with another of their boats. We had a great excursion snorkeling and SNUBAing.

If it is a long trip to the ruins (up the river?) I sure would book with the ship. We went on a snorkeling excursion with an independent company and had a nice excursion.

Have you checked other boards about cave-tubing? If you PM me, I can give you a link to another good board. If we go there again, I would love to go cave tubing!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old July 15th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Admiral

Cave tubing in Belize is a great adventure! The best shore excursion I ever had was the cave tubing in Belize. I booked with the ship, the Enchantment OTS for this trip. A word of caution, it is a long trip to the cave tubing! We boarded a bus just past where the tender dropped us off and took about an hour trip through Belize City and into the countryside. The guide gave a great narration of some of the sites in and out of the city, but once you get outside the city, it's a dusty and bumpy ride to the rain forest. After you get to the site, you then get to strip down to your bathing suit and a pair of shoes, grab an inner tube and lock up your belongings in a shed. Next is about an hour walk along the rain forest trail up the river. Wear good shoes, not an easy walk! However, I was fascinated by the Belize rain forest and really enjoyed it, even if walking for an hour carrying an inner tube. We finally got to the launch point, had to climb down a rope and jump into the river backwards landing in your inner tube and start down the river through the caves. Well, the bus ride and the walk were more than worth it, the trip down the river through the caves was nothing less than spectacular! After about an hour on the river, you get back to the original site, gather up you belongings and clean up. They had a real good authentic Belize spicy chicken dish for lunch for us, and then it was back on the bus and back to the tender dock! I would book the same tour again and again!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old July 18th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Admiral

I booked an excursion with Coral Breeze Limited dot com they are an American Company run by locals in Belize. The staff was very professional, great with kids, and very informative about their country. I would reccomendt them I researched them extensively on line. Just becareful to make sure you are clear about the times of the excursions. The times they list are Belize time not the same as ships time.

Im not sure if they offer the tour you want but check out their web site and e mail or call with any questions. Carnival no longer offered the Shark Ray Alley Snorkle so I did it with Coral Breeze, they also do Cave tubing and others excursions. There were several of us booked on the same ship so I wasn't alone, they met us with big signs at the port and were easy to find. I was very happy with them and with the small group instead of going with a herd from the ship. But it is up to you. Hope you have a wonderful time who ever you choose.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

We used Coral Breeze Limited for cave tubing. They were wonderful and guaranteed to get us back to the ship on time. We went through a lot more caves than those who booked through the ship. Check and see if they do a ruins tour. As a matter of fact, we are going back to Belize and plan on using them again.
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM
First Mate

since belize will be my first '' tendering '' experience i will definetely go snorkeling on the ship excursion. i will be much more comfortable know that if anything happens the ship wont leave me. carnival actually uses belize paradise tours for the snorkeling excursions. for a few extra dollars i will have peace of mind about not being left behind .