Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Passenger

Default Deep Sea Fishing in Cozumel booked with Carnival???

Hi! Has anyone done a deep sea fishing excursion in Cozumel with Carnival? This is only my 2nd cruise and I'm going solo this time, so I want to be careful to book most things through the ship. I've also never been deep sea fishing, so if anyone has any input on that, it would be fantastic!!!

Thanks so much!

Tammy
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Beginner

Default DEEP SEA FISHING?? WOOOO WHOOOOOO!!!

I have no information on this one....I'll go with ya though !.. I'm cruising SOLO in October on Carnival Conquest. When are you cruising?
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Passenger

I'm on the Carnival Glory 10-7-06. Have you cruised solo before? If you have, I'd love to hear any advice you might have.
Old August 7th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Beginner

Default Makes me want to change my CRUISE plans !!!

Well, I have always cruised with my *significant other(s)*. Now I'm cruising with *significant ME*. I must admit, I thought about it hard but 99% of everyone I've gotten feedback from says I'll have a blast going solo. Some folks even prefer cruising solo (the *not bringing sand to the beach* theory) I guess the key is being *out and about* and being involved in as many activities as possible while on-board. Now being an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS female like yourself, I don't see how it would be possible to have a *bad* cruise going solo.

Sorry I missed your cruise. I'm going a week before you are. (DANG IT !...hehe) Anyway, I'll be cruising solo for a while if this one works out OK. Maybe we'll bump into one another in the future! HEY, I CAN DREAM, CAN'T I !!
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi there, just in case, deep sea fishing in Cozumel is big fun, try ***edited to remove advertising**for more info on fishing tours in Cozumel...

Dan.
Old August 10th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Passenger

Flowrider~ Thanks for the compliment!!! Hey, you'll have to let me know what you think of your first solo cruise. I hear great things about it, too. What ship are you going on?

Cozumelcruising~ Thanks for the input! The place you put was edited, but it's good to know that it's worth doing. I've never done anything like that before, just fishing out at my dad's lake, so I'm really looking forward to it. Any secret tips or anything???
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Beginner

I did some deep sea fishing last August, bookin thru Carnival. I was very disappointed. (I do a fair amount of deep sea fishing off the NJ and Carolina coasts.)

The boat I was put on had engine problems, and we lost some time waiting for and switching to another boat.

The crew of the boat I was on only went through the motions. There was no fish that day (that could always happen), but they made no effort to try different rigs or baits, or try new locations. (One mistake I made, since it was a last minute decision to go fishing, was not to check whether there was any good fishing in Cozumel that time of year. Try checking some fishing sites, or magazines like Salt Water Sportsman, before you decide to go)

Needless to say, I was very dissapointed.
Old August 16th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Passenger

Default Hope this helps

I love to deep sea fish.

Here is excerpts I found on the internet.

Don

Deep Sea Fishing

Prepare yourself for a day of adventure in the Caribbean Sea. Board one of dozens of sleek fishing boats, cruise about 35 miles from shore and enjoy the fishing. The Riviera Maya offers some of the greatest catches you can imagine. Tours last from 4 to 8 hours, and you can choose to share a boat with others, or simply charter the boat for the day and spend a relaxing day at sea. All boats come complete with a very experienced captain and crew, and most charters include lunch and beverages in the package. On some full-day trips you can cap off the afternoon with a fish barbecue on the beach, an activity the whole family will love. Bottom fishing is a great way to catch some of Cozumel's best eating fish. Bottom fishing is normally done by drifting offshore and dropping lines straight down and deep, often hooking Red Snapper, Grouper, and Triggerfish - all excellent eating fish. Some charter services will even clean and fillet your catch so your hotel or restaurant chef can prepare it for you if you like.

Fishing Calendar

Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna and Bonito are found all year round in Cancun. Marlins (White or Blue) fishing season is between May and August. The best season for Snapper, Grouper, and Amberjack is from August to March. Kingfish run from October until February, and Sailfish from March to August.

Whether it's reeling in a prized striped marlin off Cancun, hooking mahi-mahi in the Yucatan Straits, or trying to bring in that elusive black marlin off the waters of Cozumel, visitors are sure to be lured by dozens of species of fish in one of the world's top destinations for sport fishing. So get ready to bring in the catch of a lifetime rather than bringing home tales of the proverbial "big one that got away".