Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Beginner

Default Please help with excursions for Conquest in Dec.

I will be going on the Conquest in Dec. I did this cruise last year but this time I am taking the hubby, son, and in-laws. Last year I was actually working while on the cruise so the hubby didn't go. I did the following excursions last year: Montego Bay: Chukka Blue horseback (awesome) and the catamaran to Margaritaville, Grand Cayman: Stingray City/Turlte Farm/Hell, and Cozemel: just walked around and shopped.

We are a easygoing group and enjoy a variety of outings. My husband want to do the Maya Ruins but I have read alot of negative comment on this excursion.
I was wanting to bo the Captian Marvins Stingray tour and would like to includ the snorkeling with it but not sure on the time will allow it. Any suggestion is greatly appriecated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2006, 03:45 PM
First Mate

dharma, we booked with Soto's cruises in Grand Cayman. For $30.00 per person, they pick you up, take you to their 40 ft boat that has shade, restroom and free water and punch. They take you to a coral area to snorkle, then take you to stingray city.
Nice folks, treated us well.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:12 AM
First Mate

We went on Captain Bryan's Buccaneer in Grand Cayman. We had a 3 stop excursion - the sand bar, the reef, and the deeper Stingray City. It was awesome! The timing of this excursion was great because it left later than most, and got back at 1:30, giving us plenty of time to shop and eat before tendering back to the ship.

If you don't go to the ruins in Cozumel, Paradise Beach is a great place to hang out for the day.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old September 16th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Conquest Excursion

In Cozumel, we love Paradise Beach where you can spend the day and for $8.00 you can enjoy all of the beach toys (rock climbing and trampolines in water, Kayaks, Floats, beach chairs, umbrellas). There is a restaurant/bar there which will also take your orders from your beach chair and bring it to you. They have nice restroom/shower facilities and for an additional $25-$35 there is a nice catamarin (The Fury) which take you snorkeling. You can just take a taxi to the beach.

In Grand Cayman we took an off road jeep caravan that we really enjoyed and in Montego Bay we enjoyed the Martha Brae rafting trip. This is a bamboo gondola type excursion on the river.

Have a great time!
Old September 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Grand Cayman - do you want to snorkel with the Sting Rays or do you want to snorkel the wrecks? Most Sting Ray excursions do include a snorkeling stop. You probably would be really hard pressed for time to try to do both.
Montego Bay - The Original Canopy Tour - zipline tour is becoming hugely popular. River rafting the Martha Brea is very interesting and relaxing or you could river tube.
Cozumel - lots of beaches to choose from. If you want to do some snorkeling then i would recommend a ships tour out to the reef - amazing.
Channukaab Park is almost up to full operation after last year's hurricane, this would be a great place for the family to spend the day.
Old September 20th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Paradise in 01 and we did the following:

Cozumel - Jungle Jeep Tour - Which was awesome - Snorkling, driving around to ruins and the best lunch to date that I have had!

Jamaica - Scariest Place I have been to ever, lol - Did the Dunns River Falls Tour with Carnival and it was awesome. Made the mistake of walking into town though, if thats what you want to call it.

Grand Cayman - Took Captain Marvins Snorkle Tour - Stopped two places to snorkle and did the Sting Ray Tour! I seriously cant say enough nice things about them. What impressed me the most was we got to Sting Ray City and it was not crowded at all bc we got there before most of the cruise ship tours were there. We had only 15 people on our boat and when we were leaving Carnivals tour got there and there must have been at least 150 people on that tour. Did not look like fun!

Have a good time! Hope this helped!

Carnival Spirit 11/07
Carnival Paradise 12/01
Carnival Elation 12/99