Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Passenger

Default WHAT ARE THE BEST EXCURSIONS ON THE CROWN PRINCESS ??

............MY WIFE & I WILL BE CRUISING TO THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN PORTS OF GRAND TURK, SAN JUAN, ST. THOMAS & BERMUDA ON THE CROWN PRINCESS AND..........WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE BEST PRINCESS EXCURSIONS THAT ARE OFFERED IN EACH PORT ???........AND ARE THERE ANY EXCURSIONS THAT WE CAN/SHOULD BOOK ON OUR OWN IN EACH PORT ??
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Admiral

so much depends upon what you want to do and what your comfort level is.
Bermuda - very safe you can do this on your own very easily, great transit system. Beautiful beaches- get to Horseshoe beach- beautiful with good snorkeling. IF you golf, book a ships golf excursion. The Botanical Gardens are very pretty, the underground caves & caverns are really neat. Shop in downtown Hamilton.
St. Thomas for first-timers who want to swim, beach and snorkel i would suggest booking the Champagne Catamaran tour if Princess offers it. This tour takes you over to St. John island which has some of the most gorgeous beaches and scenery you will find. Good snorkeling. If you want to stay on St. Thomas and go to the beach and do some snorkeling then i would suggest that you just grab a cab to Sapphire Beach. St. Thomas is also a great shopping port. Another fun thing to do is to take the Paradise Park Tramway up the mountain(the tram is like a 5 minute walk from Havensight Pier) you can spend a small amount of time here or you can spend hours.
San Juan - take a ships tour into the rain forest- Amazing. IF that isn't to your liking then grab a cab and head out to Old San Juan - wander around, very interesting, then head over to Ft. ElMorro- this fort overlooks the harbor, great views of all the comings and goings, its very windy here, you will see lots of people flying kites. The best beaches would be hotel beaches.
Can't help with Grand Turk haven't been there Yet.
Old September 13th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Beginner

grand turk- best tour is the dune buggy's we just came back from the crown
9/3 the dune buggy's were so much fun but you get dirty but you see part of grand turk no other tours do.

san juan- we took the bacardi and fort tour. bacardi factory was lame
you go to agiftshop and then the vistors center with have a few displays
of what it use to be like. and a big screen that they show a 5 min film
you get two smalll drinks andget to smell rum in a display. the fort is cool
but our friends took the rainforest hike and liked it also the cateran sail ,swim and beach is nice

st. thomas- we took the champgne catamaran to st john half day.
i hear the full day is great but i can't stay in the sun that long without felling sick. plus i need time to shop.anything st. johns is great.maygens bay is nice

bermuda-we never made it due to weather but i had reserved glass bottom boat and snorkel
but what ever you pick reserve now on their web site the best tours
fill before sailing