Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Beginner

Default Costa Maya and Cozumel with kids?

I'm travelling with a 5 and 6 year old. We are going to Costa Maya and Cozumel. I wanted to know what would you recommend to do. I was thinking about the doing the submarine thing in Cozumel, any feedback from anyone? In Costa Maya, we were thinking about the ruins but the kid might get bored or maybe rented dune buggies and just riding around? Any help from anyone would help. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We really enjoyed Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. Lots to do and the park was beautiful. In Costa Maya we rented a golf cart and drove to Majuhual (sp) which is a little town about 2 miles away. There is some limited shopping there and they have a very nice beach. Our kids had a great time there.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Costa Maya and Cozumel with kids?

Have travelled with my kiddo at those ages. The sub is cool and I recommend it from experience, but it is expensive. Besure you dress very colorful when you board - your clothes will become a science experiment as all the colors disappear one at a time under water. Might also take some colored glow sticks.<g>

The ruins would be a hassle except perhaps Tuluum. Check out the small coconut tree on the beach there and watch for crabs on land if you go.

As for Costa Maya - my kiddo was not impressed, but then he's a veteran of 10 cruises. Bring bug spray, high SPF sunscreen, and bottled water if you tour about there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherme
I'm travelling with a 5 and 6 year old. We are going to Costa Maya and Cozumel. I wanted to know what would you recommend to do. I was thinking about the doing the submarine thing in Cozumel, any feedback from anyone? In Costa Maya, we were thinking about the ruins but the kid might get bored or maybe rented dune buggies and just riding around? Any help from anyone would help. Thanks.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas