Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2007, 08:45 PM
Beginner

Default Zipline???

I keep seeing references to "zipline" .....what is that????
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM
cozumelcruising

Zip Line is a canopy tour, meaning that with a harness you will glide from one tree terrasse to another. As of Cozumel, the tour actually takes place on the mainland since this activity requires big and tall trees. The site is located near Puerto Morelos, a ca. 40 min drive from Playa del Carmen where the ferry arrives. There are about 18 platforms in the trees and everything is fully guided, some phisical fitness is required to manage the different steps at each platform....lots of FUN! Part of this tour is also some bicicling through the jungle and a swim at a cenote (fresh water hole in the jungle..spectacular and refreshing). Some snack is served after the tour..you certainly worked out an appetite by then. Good experience and really safe.
Old February 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Passenger

Can you recall the name of the zipline place in Puerto Moreles? We'll be on a land vacation in Cancun in June and might like to do it. Were considering one in Dominica this March while on a cruise, but hate to miss other tours there since it's supposed to be so beautiful! If there is a website to the zipline place, can you share it, please?

Also, how difficult were the challenge courses on it and how fit does one need to be to do them? Do they allow you to skip any if you are not comfortable doing one?

Thanks for any info!
Old February 17th, 2007, 12:40 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi, the name of this tour operator is "Selvatica", formerly Selvatura (their franchise in Puerto Rico). It is located 15 min from Puerto Morelos direction west. One can take a taxi to there from Cancun or do the tour with a tour agency. The website of the operator is this-one:
http://www.selvatica.com.mx/ingles/indexen.html

The course is not very strenous but there are about 12 platforms and on each platform you need to manage between 10 and 15 steps. There is no rush for it, but it is not possible to skip any of the platforms since they are conected.
The cenote part is absolutely recommendable, a great jungle experience. Hope this helps!
Old February 17th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Passenger

Thank you so much! (Didn't realize I clicked PM and not a reply on the boards - in case you get a private message. Just figured out how this works.) My husband did a dive 2 yrs. ago at a cenote and will probably do one again this trip. I wondered if snorkeling would be very much fun - if one would see a lot snorkeling in a cenote? I am going to look at their website right now!
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Passenger

Cozumelcruising, I did try that web address and it seemed to offer a variety of things from chat lines to dating services to offerings of hotel reservations and travel guides. I even did a search for attractions near Puerto Morelos and came up emptyhanded. Did you follow some particular links on the site or what?
Old February 18th, 2007, 08:24 PM
cozumelcruising

mlb cruiser, try copying and pasting the following internet address into your menue:

or just www.selvatica.com...

cheers.
Old February 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Passenger

I have. And I did the simple .com one as well, but how can I navigate to the ziplining information? There is SO MUCH OTHER stuff on there. I've clicked on several things I thought might lead to it, but cannot find it. Sorry to keep asking, but I'm really interested! Thanks for your help!
Old February 20th, 2007, 01:52 PM
cozumelcruising

mlb cruiser, try copying and pasting the following address in your internet browser:

This sould work, otherwise try selvatica.com.MX

Good luck!
Old February 21st, 2007, 10:31 AM
Passenger

I have pasted both of them in my browser. The site comes up, however, it offers chatlines, dating services, travel guides (books to to buy), adventure travel agencies, etc. NOTHING w/informatin about particular things to do in a particular location. I have clicked onto most of the links it offers, and navigated around to no avail. The site also seems to be for sale. Perhaps it has changed. If YOU are able to bring up the actual site, is there any way you could copy and paste it into a reply on this thread?
If not, thanks anyway for your help.
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Beginner

Yes zipline is a great thing. You are zipping through the trees and the adrenaline rush is grate. It is for persons of all ages anmd a lot of fun. We did it in St.lucia. www.adventuretourstlucia.com.
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Passenger

Thank you for the great link! Can you tell me what it costs?