Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Beginner

Default Snorkeling in Belize

Taking the Grand Princess to Western Caribbean out of Galveston in April with 3 kids under 11. Any adivce on the 3 Possible Snorkel Excursions in Belize? They are Rendevous Cay, Goff's Cay or Sargeant's Caye. Also wondering where to swim with the Dolphins since it is available in several of the ports.
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've done the excursion to Goffs cave in Belieze and it was excellent. They even picked us up at the ship, no long tender ride. The snorkeling was amazing.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 14th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Beginner

we just returned from Belize and I give high compliments to Sargeant Caye's for snorkeling! Not only did they cater to us "first timers," - I'm ready to go again! One of our group had been snorkeling numerous times in numerous places and she said this was by far the BEST snorkeling she had ever done.

Be sure to ask for "Nef" - he's GREAT!
Old April 6th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Passenger

on our second trip to belize we decided to do Golfs Cay- liked the idea that they picked you up from the ship so no tendering. I don't think it should be considered for beginners. We went out very deep -- the guides were great but i found it a bit strenuous. My kids started it-but turned back for the beach. mostly because my 7 year old couldn't handle it and they would watch him as i continued on. OUr favorite snorkeling trip was in st. thomas on the Castaway Girl. Sailboat so you could snorkel at your own pace and then get back in the boat. Rum punch and a great crew. Enjoy.
Old April 19th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Passenger

We did Goff's Cay in Belize a few years ago. It was fabulous. It works for experienced or beginners. The boat came directly to the ship...and then went to the Cay. They dropped people off that did want to snorkel from the boat onto a pier...and you could sun or snorkel directly from the beach. Or, you could stay with the boat and go a little ways away (with the Cay in view the entire time) and snorkel from the boat. If things got challenging, you could always get back on the boat.

We did swimming with the Dolphins last week in Cozumel...it was an amazing experience.

I blogged the entire time we were gone...if you want to read about our excursions...feel free to check out my blog: http://sunshineandlemonade.blogspot.com

There is an entry on Friday, April 18th that archives all the cruise posts...

Hope it's helpful.
Old April 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Passenger

Default Goff's cay

that's not how our tour went. they dropped everyone off at the pier and we left with guides from the beach to go all the way out. Your tour sounds much better and easier.