Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
Passenger

Default Anybody done Dunns River/River Tubing Tour

Anybody tried this shore excursion by Island Marketing? Is it a reputable company? Did you get back to the boat on time? Please share your experience.

http://www.jamaicacruiseexcursions.c...DunnsFalls.htm

Thanks!

RCCL Song of America 1990
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2007, 08:51 PM
Admiral

I have not used that company but I have done both Dunns River and the River Tubing on different occasions _ I can say that both are great fun

while at the river tubing; they take a little break about midway and the locals try to sell you all kinds of stuff; be wary and don't take or flash a lot of cash on this part of the tour or they will follow you the rest of the day trying to sell you knick knacks, paintings, carvings and whatever else they may have on had
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Passenger

Any mosquitoes on the river tubing?
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Beginner

Default Dunns River and Rafting

I have not done any excursions off of the ships for Jamaica, but have stayed on the island 3 times. I definately recommend Dunn's River Falls. They are alot of fun. If you find the climb too hard you can always walk to the side and get off. A guide actually takes you up the falls. He will carry everyone's cameras so they don't get wet. Just give him a couple of bucks. At the top of the falls there are plenty of little shops that you can bargain for tchatchkes. There is also a little food stand that you can buy meat pies and fresh fruit shakes.

On another note. If you want something a little more relaxing I am not sure if your ship offers the Martha Brae River Rafting tour. This tour is a relaxing ride on a long bamboo raft down the Martha Brae River. Make sure to bring your bathing suit as you can jump in and take a swim. This is definately a relaxing cruise as 2 people can fit on the raft as your guide uses a pole to travel down the river. Again, along the way, you can buy little things. You can also get soda and beer and some food stuffs along the way.

As always in Jamaica, do not show alot of cash as they will follow you.

Old June 12th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Passenger

I LOVED THIS TOUR!!!! We had a ball. The tubing was a lot of fun and I even jumped off a little cliff along the river. Of course Dunn's River was nice too but the tubing made it very special. Our guide was excellent too!