Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2007, 09:02 AM
First Mate

Default HELP! The turtle excursion in barbados is sold out!

We waited til the week before the cruise to book our excursion and it is "Sold out".

We were wanting to do the 5star taimi catamaran/turtle excursion. Do you know if they only sell so many of these online and save spots for people on board to book?

Also there was another turtle tour that we tried to book when that one said sold out but it's been 3days and haven't heard back in the email. Going to call them today.

BUT...anyone have any other suggestions. I read something somewhere about going to the blue monkey restraunt and there is a beach there where you can rent a small boat/kayak and paddel your way out to the turtles? but my DH is leary of doing anything on our own!!!

help!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Hi,

When I was on the Malibu beach in Barbados, several guys came by wanting to sell us a ride out to see the turtles. We weren't interested but it was an option.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old March 27th, 2007, 09:42 AM
First Mate

I will keep that in my mind, malibu beach got it. I'm hoping there will be some excursions available when we board though. They cant possibly sell everything before you board right?
Old March 30th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Admiral

With online reservations being the norm now they can sell out before sailing. That said there are typically cancellations, so get on a wait list ASAP when excursions opens onboard. There are always alternatives to ship's tours - some are better, some not. The best bet is to have a good reference if selecting an alternative.

Turtles are cool, especially if diving. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo
I will keep that in my mind, malibu beach got it. I'm hoping there will be some excursions available when we board though. They cant possibly sell everything before you board right?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Passenger

Try finding an independent tour operator for this tour. Go on-line to the island you are going to and find it through their type of "Chamber of Commerce". Most of the time these same people that offer independent tours are the same ones that the ships uses and I understand that you can save up to 50% off the ship's price. And you will be with a group of other tourists so you don't have to be afraid that it will be just you and your husband with a stranger.

I noticed you were on the NCL SUN the same week we were there. We (my sister and I) were part of the "600 plus green shirts" who were walking around the ship that week. We had a blast. We book our cruises every year with this group because every night they have a different theme party just for us and booking through them we get great rates. It's known as the "Sail-a-Way with C.J. and Debbie Ray" cruise. They are DJ's on a local radio station here in Lafayette, LA. If you want more information send me a private E-Mail and I'll give you the details. In fact before we left the ship we booked with them again. This time we are going on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas and will be leaving out of Galveston.

January 2008 - RCL Voyager of the Seas
January 2007 - NCL SUN
September 2005 - Carnival Conquest
Old December 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Passenger

We went to Malibu Beach Resort as well. If you get off the boat you can find a cab and it will take you there. We did go with the guys that were taking people from the beach. They did not look real good, but it was several of us so we chanced it. The price was WAY less than the one from the boat. It ended up being less of us than on the excursion boat, the guys were very friendly and we had a GREAT TIME!!!
Old January 20th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Familiar Face

What a bummer! This excursion is our families favorite. We book ours a few months ahead of time. My BIL and SIL take a cab to the beach nearby the power plant and then swim out to where the sea turtles can be found - it's not very far from the beach. You'll see all the 'tour' boats in the bay. Just a suggestion.