Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Beginner

Default Need Kid Friendly Excursion HELP! Mariner - Eastern! :)

Hello! I am hoping I can get some help here! We are taking a family cruise in September on Mariner of the Seas. We are taking the Eastern itinerary which goes thru Cococay Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. This trip includes me, my husband and 5 children. My children are ages 14, 12, 10, 7, and 5. We would like to do at least one shore excursion, but I have no idea where to begin. I have received my travel guide listing all the different choices. I was hoping that I could get some guidance as to what excursions who be good for a family with children of all different ages. We were looking at the Caylana Castle Cove aqua park and the Cocoa Reef glass bottom boat in Cococay. In St. Thomas we were looking at the Skyride to Paradise Point, Megan's Bay Observatory and Beach Getaway, and the Coral Land and Coral Sea excursion. Then in St. Maarten there is the Seaworld Explorer. Many activities are just not an option due to ages in our family. Does anyone have any advice or information on any of these excursions? Any feedback or experiences you could provide, especially with young children, would be AWESOME!!!

Thanks for your time!!! (BTW: I moved this from a different section of the forum... I hope that is acceptable!) THANKS!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Need Kid Friendly Excursion HELP! Mariner - Eastern! :)

1. Good line choice for a family cruise. 2. Good ship choice - with rock-climbing wall, ice-skating rink, mini golf, a teen disco, and a mall the kiddos will not be asking are we there yet every five minutes 3. Good itinerary as private islands are usually well-liked by kiddos. 4. Glass bottom boat tour is a good family excursion choice and the Aqua park should be a hit. 5. Never done the skyride, but it looks cool. Coral World would be good on Saint Thomas. 6. Have not done the SeaWorld Explorer semisub (although my 12 year old kiddo and I are Atlantis sub veterans) - it looks good.

Might consider buying soft drink passes (cups) if kids are into sodas. Else get them ship-logo water bottles.

Dave (Scuba Ranger Leader, Assistant Scoutmaster, Life Guard, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyRN
Hello! I am hoping I, can get some help here! We are taking a family cruise in September on Mariner of the Seas. We are taking the Eastern itinerary which goes thru Cococay Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. This trip includes me, my husband and 5 children. My children are ages 14, 12, 10, 7, and 5. We would like to do at least one shore excursion, but I have no idea where to begin. I have received my travel guide listing all the different choices. I was hoping that I could get some guidance as to what excursions who be good for a family with children of all different ages. We were looking at the Caylana Castle Cove aqua park and the Cocoa Reef glass bottom boat in Cococay. In St. Thomas we were looking at the Skyride to Paradise Point, Megan's Bay Observatory and Beach Getaway, and the Coral Land and Coral Sea excursion. Then in St. Maarten there is the Seaworld Explorer. Many activities are just not an option due to ages in our family. Does anyone have any advice or information on any of these excursions? Any feedback or experiences you could provide, especially with young children, would be AWESOME!!!

Thanks for your time!!! (BTW: I moved this from a different section of the forum... I hope that is acceptable!) THANKS!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas