Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Passenger

Default Suggestions for shore excursion in the Southern Caribbean

My family of four will be traveling to the Southern Caribbean on Carnival Miracle Dec. 24. We will visit St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Marteen, and Tortula. Any suggestions?

We're currently debating a dolphin encounter in Tortula with our children, seven and eleven. We like adventure, and unique activities. We're from Florida, lived in Hawaii, and vacation in Mexico. We like to snorkel but want to do something new.

Thanks for any tips. Love these forums!
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to megs1787

I just got back from a southern caribbean cruise on the destiny. St Lucia was an amazing island. Instead of booking a tour through Carnival, we chose a tour company on the island. After looking at a few, we chose Herod. http://Herodtours.com If you want to actually see the island, this is a great choice. He took us on a 6 hour tour, which sounds like a long time in a van, but you make lots of stops, and stay at Jalousie beach for an hour. It cost $45 per person and he gives you free drinks and food- bananas, johnny cakes, and creole bread. There are 4 of us in my family, and Herod took us on our own private tour. It was the best tour of our cruise! If you have any questions about Herod, email me! Megs1787@aol.com
Megan
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Inspiration 2005
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2006
Carnival Destiny 2007
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Passenger

Thanks, Megan. Great tip. The website looks great.

Did you have any kids with you? Was it fun for them? Not sure how much driving they would like? I think I might email the company to see if they would offer a shorter tour to the volcano and waterfalls. Was the vehicles clean?

Thanks again.
Tish
Old August 13th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to megs1787

Hey,
No, we did not travel with any children. I dont know how old your kids are, but I don't think we sat in the van for more than 20 minutes at a time. There are so many stops and things to do. He stops at a waterfall/pool you can swim in that im sure your kids would love. His van was extremely clean, very well kept. He has one of those big 3 bench tour buses, but with only 4 of us with him, we had lots of space, and each had a window to take pictures . We weren't really sure what to expect with herod because we have always booked through the cruise ships before, but it ended up being the best tour we've ever been on! Hope this helps! By the way, the miracle is an amazing ship- we were on it 3 years ago!
Megan
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Inspiration 2005
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2006
Carnival Destiny 2007
Old August 15th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Suggestions for shore excursion in the Southern Caribbea

Suggest you get over to Crystal River this winter and chum 7 and 11 to the manatees. Take it from a Scuba Ranger Leader and his 12 year old kiddo - manatees are kiddo candy, but being from Florida y'all know that. 8)

BTW, Kitts has a train, althoug that train can be iffy so just have a plan B ready. Brimstone is a good plan B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tishbo96
My family of four will be traveling to the Southern Caribbean on Carnival Miracle Dec. 24. We will visit St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Marteen, and Tortula. Any suggestions?

We're currently debating a dolphin encounter in Tortula with our children, seven and eleven. We like adventure, and unique activities. We're from Florida, lived in Hawaii, and vacation in Mexico. We like to snorkel but want to do something new.

Thanks for any tips. Love these forums!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas