Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cozumel Beach Clubs?

I am looking for a decent beach club to go to for the day. We are not drinkers and are looking for somewhere to sit, have a few sodas, some food and play in the water and sand. We do not need all this fancy water activities as our children are ages 4 and 1.

The onlys I have been looking at are Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia, Paradise Beach, and San Francisco Beach.

Any comments about any of these would be appreciated.

09/29/07 Disney Magic
2005 Norwegian Sea
2004 Carnival Inspiration
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Admiral

We went to Playa Mia last year, it was just recovering from the hurricanes of 2005, nevertheless, it was lovely...very relaxing, beautiful water and beach. They had a pool (don't know if it was fresh or salt water) and lots of those hard to get out of molded plastic lounge chairs and beach umbrellas. There was a buffet available at the restaurant or you could order off the menu. My grandson loved it here and we had a great time.

The only other beach we have been to in Cozumel is Paradise Beach. When we were there, the water was filthy and we didn't even go swimming (don't know where all the brown sludge came from but didn't want my grandson playing in it). There were lots of small rocks when you entered the water and people were falling on their knees and ended up crawling over the rocks into the water. They had lots of lounge chairs set up, a restaurant/bar, kayaks to rent, inflatable iceberg for the children, etc.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi, Playa Mia was hit significantly (as was entire Cozumel) by Hurricane Wilma in October 2005, nevertheless all the Cozumel beach clubs are back up and ready in full capacity. It is a Beach Park, meaning a lot of preference for activities, entertainment, music, etc., fresh water swimming pool (confirmed), bars, restaurant, etc, probably more for families, party beachers, active watersports fans. Paradise beach is a little more relaxed and also right next to San Francisco beach, both great clubs. What happened to the water on that day you visited Cozumel, not sure but sometimes after big rainfalls, the water gets a little brown from all the soil that is washed into the ocean, nevertheless all beach clubs have prestine waters normally, blue and clear! There are also numerous opportunities to Parasail, Jet Ski rental, Kayaking, Sailing, Snorkeling, Diving, you name it!
Other good options are Nachi Cocom, Playa Uvas, Carlos n' Charlies Beach Club (new), Playa Azul and of course the mentioned ones...good luck!
Old October 11th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Passenger

looks like you sailed already. hope you went to naci cocoom. it was the best, even though you don't drink. all was included, endless bar and food, gorgeous beach, pool and hot tub, swim up bar. gorgeous, i was pampered for $50

Carnival Destiny 03/30/08
RCL Enchantment 09/24/07
Carnival Liberty 02/05
Carnival Glory 01/03
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Cozumel Beach Clubs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie
I am looking for a decent beach club to go to for the day. We are not drinkers and are looking for somewhere to sit, have a few sodas, some food and play in the water and sand. We do not need all this fancy water activities as our children are ages 4 and 1.

The onlys I have been looking at are Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia, Paradise Beach, and San Francisco Beach.

Any comments about any of these would be appreciated.
Go to the website for Island Marketing LTD and look under Cozumel excursions for the "Cozumel All Inclusive Resort Day Pass. They don't list the name of the resort until you request information by e-mail. Must be a secret. You can get a Day Pass to the Wyndham (formally the Reef Club) This is the perfect excursion at a decent price. ($40.00 per adult) ($20.00 4-17) (under 4 free). This is a 4 Star Resort!!!!The pass includes beach chairs, pools, KIDS CLUB, open bar, soft drinks, bottled water, buffet all day, dessert bar, sit down restaurant, swim up bar, beach BBQ (pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken), snorkel gear, kayaks, hobie cats.
They limit the number of cruise passengers to 40 per day so it won't be overcrowded. Not many people know about this pass. They also have for an extra charge, Parasailing, Banana boat rides, and Jet skis. You can't go wrong with this price!! I booked this excursion for myself and my two teenagers. You can also go to the website for the Wyndham in Cozumel and see pictures of the resort. Ypu can't go wrong here!! Please check this one out, you will be glad you did!! I think this is the best for the money.