Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Passenger

Default St Thomas Coki beach/Coral World

Can you take public transportation to Coral World/ Coki Beach and back? We have a large group and taxi's get expensive. Also do you have to wait till they fill up or is it scheduled times they run? Price?
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

I do not know about public transportation but, I am sure that there would be enough taxis to get your group to Coki Beach.
Old December 29th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Admiral

I heard you can take a bus there but the taxis are great. Its about $10 per person to go there. I'm not sure about the schedule though. I looked up the schedule.. they say the buses are not reliable and I don't think they go to Coki beach.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Passenger

I think Coki Beach is one of the best spots on St Thomas!! We have done several paid excursions in the past while in ST and last time wanted to do some snorkeling on our own. We took a taxi that was available right at the pier and it was approx $20 for 2 of us each way. No entry fee to Coki Beach. Cute, scenic beach with little beach bars and restaurants, shops, beautiful calm water.
THe snorkeling was suprisingly good. Tons of fish! Bring a dog bone to use as fish food and you will be surrounded by fish eating out of your hand!
We did not go to Coral World, but it was literally right next to Coki and you could pay an entry fee to get in. Taxis were right there in the parking lot to take you back, maybe a 20 min ride.
We were warned to not bring valuables with us or leave anything on the beach while swimming due to stealing. We did not have any problems, but it always pays to be careful.
We would absolutely go back to Coki next time were are in ST. Would be great for kids!
Norwegian Crown Bermuda 9-07
Royal Caribbean Splendour Of The Seas Mexico
3-07
Celebrity Horizon Bermuda 9-05
Holland America Zuiderdam Caribbean 9-04
Celebrity Galaxy Caribbean 5-03
Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress Caribbean 12-98
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Admiral

outside the gate at Havensight you can grab what amounts to public transportation, they are open-air jitneys not a bus or anything like that, they are cheap, they are on sort of a schedule. There are bus stops, and you have to ask the driver if he is going to Coki Beach. We usually use this form of transporation on our way back from the beach when we have plenty of time with nothing else to do. To get to the beach we use the taxi vans located inside the gate