Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Horseback riding...which is the best place?

My 16 year old HAS to ride horses on our RCI cruise this March. We are stopping at Cayman, Jamaica and Cozumel (spelling??). Any suggestions for a gal who is very experienced in horses and her dad who will likely fake it!?
Costa cruise in 1989
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Admiral

horseback riding is very popular in Jamaica and Cozumel. I haven't done it personally so i can't steer you in a particular direction, i would suggest seeing what your ship offers
Old January 9th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Horseback riding...which is the best place?

Hey dad - locked in on the Carribean in March? I'm looking at RCI Monarch out of Los Angeles to Cataline, San Diego, Ensenada March 17-21 for the purpose of doing horse trips at all 3 stops. (Will be doing a week long Boy Scout cavalcade at Buffalo Trails Scout Ranch in June and need to ramp up the horse skills.) Doing this trip with my son. Myself - PADI Divemaster, SSI Dive Con, SSI Scuba Ranger Leader, Red Cross Life Guard, Assistant Scoutmaster, Merit Badge Counselor, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1815
My 16 year old HAS to ride horses on our RCI cruise this March. We are stopping at Cayman, Jamaica and Cozumel (spelling??). Any suggestions for a gal who is very experienced in horses and her dad who will likely fake it!?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old January 9th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Hey dad - locked in on the Carribean in March?
[/quote]

Yes...booked and counting the days! Although, I am trying to get a different cabin. Right now we are in a family cabin in front of ship. But then I though..."wow, I have 3 teen age daughters and a wife, and only one bathroom!!" Trying to find adjoining cabins...but am striking out. I have a feeling I will be using the locker rooms to do my showering! lol
Costa cruise in 1989
Old January 9th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Admiral

Yep, poor planning, especially if any formal night. I'm lucky - my 12YO kiddo is a master diver so instead of a shower I just strap a tank on his back and toss him in the water. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Hey dad - locked in on the Carribean in March?
Yes...booked and counting the days! Although, I am trying to get a different cabin. Right now we are in a family cabin in front of ship. But then I though..."wow, I have 3 teen age daughters and a wife, and only one bathroom!!" Trying to find adjoining cabins...but am striking out. I have a feeling I will be using the locker rooms to do my showering! lol[/quote]
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Admiral

paul- adjoing cabins are few and far between, hard to find, you might do better trying to get a second cabin across or down the hall a bit. FYI - you will have to book either yourself or your wife into the girls cabin, this is a formality that the cruise lines use.