Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Passenger

Default Should I pre-book Altun Ha tour w/Belize Cruise Excursion?

We leave in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we're gonna do an Altun Ha tour. I've heard good things about Belize Cruise Excursions (Island Marketing). I really don't want to be locked into anything, though. Is it dumb to wait 'til we pull into port? Has anybody used them before? What are my chances?

Thanks so much, all you experts out there!
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:54 AM
Beginner

I have done this one twice...The first time (2003), I paid $20 to a private van driver, and it was me and two couples that went. There is an additional cost to actually get into Altun Ha, but it was only a couple of bucks. The second time I went (2007), it was $35 for the same thing. However, I did have to wait around for about an hour while they filled up the van. Again the van driver is the tour guide and he spent a good couple of hours with us. After we left, we stopped at a little shack along the road and the best roast chicken meal and beer for about $5 apiece. If the ship excursion is much more than that, i wouldn't do it--you're on a big bus and your tour is really crowded and time constrained. Well worth the money for a private van (shared, of course)