Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Familiar Face

Default Antigua - Bird Island Snorkel & Lunch

I'm thinking of booking a Tiami excursion to Bird Island where we can snorkel and lunch. We've gone on other Tiami excursions and have never been disappointed. The only hesitation I have on this excursion is that Bird Island is in the Atlantic. It's off the northeast coast of Antigua. I've heard the Atlantic isn't as pretty and warm as the Carribean Sea, is that true? Or are we so far south that it really doesn't matter much more than the name?
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2008, 08:54 AM
First Mate

We have taken Eli's Eco tour out to Bird Island. The East/North side does face the Atlantic, but the other side is in the Caribbean! The water was bathtub warm. It was a great excursion location. I have some pictures in my photos if you'd like a look.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks Sheffie for your reply about Bird Island. The island looks lovely from your pictures. I really enjoyed looking at all your pictures, it's really making me excited for our departure. We leave three weeks from today on SoS.

We'll have to do Bird Island next time as I booked the Pirates of Antigua excursion instead I thought my 14 yo son would enjoy that more than Bird Island. DH and 17 yo daughter will be swimming with the sting rays while we're on the Pirates excursion. Then we're going to catch up with each other for lunch and then explore the island a bit on our own in the afternoon. DH and I thought we can do Bird Island next time.
Old February 24th, 2008, 06:36 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyC
Thanks Sheffie for your reply about Bird Island. The island looks lovely from your pictures. I really enjoyed looking at all your pictures, it's really making me excited for our departure. We leave three weeks from today on SoS.

We'll have to do Bird Island next time as I booked the Pirates of Antigua excursion instead I thought my 14 yo son would enjoy that more than Bird Island. DH and 17 yo daughter will be swimming with the sting rays while we're on the Pirates excursion. Then we're going to catch up with each other for lunch and then explore the island a bit on our own in the afternoon. DH and I thought we can do Bird Island next time.
Sounds like a good excuse to book another cruise! Be sure to do it while onboard so that you get the OBC, and you have another great cruise to look forward to. The southern route is fabulous!

You will have a GREAT time!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100