Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:44 AM
Beginner

Default Cozumel, Belize, and Freeport kid friendly excursions

My wife and I, along with our two daughters (8 and 10) are Traveling to Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, and Freeport on Carnival Glory during the first week in June 08. This is our first cruise.

On the Roatan excursion, I think we are probably going to visit Gumbalimba Park because the kids are excited about seeing and interacting with monkeys. I think this would also possibly be a good/safe place to for them to do some snorkeling.

We have not yet decided on excursions on the other locations, and I’d greatly appreciate some firsthand advice from anyone who has traveled to these places with kids. We are considering the Atlantis Submarine trip, and at some point, I’d like for the kids to see some ruins. They would also like to be able to interact (not necessarily swim) with Dolpins.

Also, I have been told by someone that it’s possible to book some tours directly with shore based excursion compnays. By doing this, I’ve been told that it’s possible to avoid crowds, and save some money. Does anyone have any advice on this, such as who to use, etc? I’m a bit reluctant to book excursions online without doing a bit of checking on the company.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
cozumelcruising

Cozumel is very kids friendly, from safe beach clubs with many kid activities to snorkeling, dolphin swims, Atlantis, etc. To go with a local company is also quite safe, you can do some research on the forum. I recommend cozumelwatersports for any water activities...good luck!