Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Beginner

Default Hawaii - Drums of the Pacific Luau

The luau offered through RCL in Maui is the Drums of the Pacific..has anyone been to this luau? I know many people recommend the Old Lahaina Luau, but unfortunately that luau is sold out the night we are in Maui.

Any experiences with this luau or another family friendly luau would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Passenger

I was in Hawaii in January and attended two luaus. We went to Germanine's on Oahu, I believe that is only on Thursdays and Saturdays. Very nice and there were familys with small children, but it was a Luau and people were ready to party.

We also went to the Smith Family Luau on Kauai and that was wonderful with beautiful grounds and stage show and eating at cloth covered tables. Food was excellent.

We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu and that was super and have been told that they have an excellent evening show and luau, but no alcoholic drinks are served at this event. So no free mai tais.

sorry but did not hear of the luau that you mentioned, but my step mom went to the luau in Lahania and it's suppose to be the best in Hawaii.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Yes I have been to the Drums of the Pacific Luau on Maui. The presentation was excellent. Really enjoyed the show. The food was good but not special. Alcohol was included. The only real downside was there was a huge number of people there (750 from our ship) so it was really crowded. Can't remember exactly what the cost was but I think maybe $150 pp. It seemed too expensive but you are in Hawaii so go for it. 8)
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam