Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Beginner

Default cozumel/ grand cayman shore excursions

hey y'all!!!
we are taking our very first cruise on the carnival inspiration in november going to cozumel and grand cayman!!!!!!!! trying to find shore excursions and it is getting mind boggleing!!!! we want to do a really awesome zip line ( i have read that some are kind of cheesy and only a few feet off the ground) tandem parasail, and also i would love to ride a horse on the beach that actually swims in the ocean. we have tried the excursions webpage offered by carnival and LOTS of other google searches for other sites. can anyone offer advice to help us sort through all of this?? ty !!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

How about snorkeling with the Sting Rays in Grand Cayman, its one of the best excursions you can do??

As for zip lining, I did one in Jamaica that was really good, never just a few feet off the ground. I know they are turning up all over these days, but that one was worth it, didn't know they offer it in Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 14th, 2008, 06:35 PM
cozumelcruising

Cozumel offers great Parasailing, single and double, the flight provides a great view of the island and the Mayan Riviera Mainland...it is availale to pre-book Parasailing, there is a lot of demand...good luck!
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Don't think you will find horses in the water at Cayman or Cozumel - never heard of it there.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Passenger

We just got back from Grand Cayman (june 1st) and did the sting rays. We used Captain Marvins and they were amazing. They went to two other snorkeling areas than the ship's excursion and was cheaper.

Even if you don't go with Captian Marvins, make sure you go to the sting ray island. It was the highlight of my trip. It can't be described.
Old June 10th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Cool, now head on over to Crystal River in November with Birds Underwater for your second best snorkel ever. 8)

www.birdsunderwater.com/manatee_tours/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker
We just got back from Grand Cayman (june 1st) and did the sting rays. We used Captain Marvins and they were amazing. They went to two other snorkeling areas than the ship's excursion and was cheaper.

Even if you don't go with Captian Marvins, make sure you go to the sting ray island. It was the highlight of my trip. It can't be described.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old June 11th, 2008, 01:12 AM
cozumelcruising

For parasailing in Cozumel you can check http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/T...parasiling.htm for more info on Cozumel parasailing...good luck¨!
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Admiral

i totally agree about bookin a sting ray tour in Grand Caymen with Captain Marvin, he is top-notch, makes everything so easy, go to his web page, same as his name for all the info that you need