Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2008, 01:14 AM
cozumelcruising

Default Mini Submarine Tour in Cozumel

Anyone has some reviews about the Mini sub tour in Cozumel? Sounds like lots of fun??
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mini Submarine Tour in Cozumel

Are you talking the Atlantis sub?

If so, my kiddo and I have BTDT with their fleet. Cool way to check the critters before diving! A bit pricey, but do a sub at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozumelcruising
Anyone has some reviews about the Mini sub tour in Cozumel? Sounds like lots of fun??
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:23 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi divemaster, always a pleasure!

In fact I am not referring to the Atlantis Submarine but a new tour that is on the list for new shore excursions for cruise ships, which is personal submarine style tour...google mini submarine tour in cozumel or www.cozumel-watersports.com, where you can see the info. Let me know your thoughts, I am a certified open water diver and surely like to know a divemaster's opinion and also from anyone who already did the tour, it is brand new since 2 weeks but looks as lots of fun and out of the ordinary, something unique in Cozumel...looking foreward for any reviews....saludos!
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Admiral

Thanks for pointing these scooters out. The price is similiar to the Atlantis sub but with more mobility. The riders will cruise at a shallower depth to take advantage of natural light, while the Atlantis will go down about 100 feet. The scooter will give you an open water or scuba experiece type dive, while the the sub will give an advanced open water like dive. Two different experiences.

These scooters are really hybrid DPV's. Might be fun to play with as a certified diver.

Quote:
Hi divemaster, always a pleasure!

In fact I am not referring to the Atlantis Submarine but a new tour that is on the list for new shore excursions for cruise ships, which is personal submarine style tour...google mini submarine tour in cozumel or www.cozumel-watersports.com, where you can see the info. Let me know your thoughts, I am a certified open water diver and surely like to know a divemaster's opinion and also from anyone who already did the tour, it is brand new since 2 weeks but looks as lots of fun and out of the ordinary, something unique in Cozumel...looking foreward for any reviews....saludos!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
cozumelcruising

Thanks for your c omments Divemaster, just a comment I have been asked...dont worry anyone, there are no sharks or any dangerous species in this tour in Cozumel...it is one of the most safe places for snorkeling, diving, etc.. in the world....enjoy!!
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Admiral

Indeed Cozumel is a good place to dive and snorkel. My kiddo took his first open salt water dives there at 12.

Quote:
Thanks for your c omments Divemaster, just a comment I have been asked...dont worry anyone, there are no sharks or any dangerous species in this tour in Cozumel...it is one of the most safe places for snorkeling, diving, etc.. in the world....enjoy!!
Old June 22nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
cozumelcruising

This tour is now also offered by the crusie lines Carnival and Royal Caribbean and named Underwater Scooter Adventure...good luck...any reviews yet?