CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Shore Excursions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/)
-   -   Two excursions at one port? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/352847-two-excursions-one-port.html)

Halosfan2005 June 29th, 2008 06:26 AM

Two excursions at one port?

I'm looking at the St. Thomas excursions. It looks like the Boss Underwater is from 8:30-12:00. There is also an excursion to Magen's Bay Beach from 1:15 to 4:15. It bills Magen's Bay as one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world.

I've never been on an excursion and don't know what the thoughts are on booking two at one port. Any advice?

We are in St. Thomas until 7:00 P.M.

I'm also open to any input about Magen's Bay or other beaches!

TIA,
Deb

Donna June 29th, 2008 06:35 AM

Hi Deb,
It does look like you can fit both in, up to you. Doesn't leave a lot of "shoppig" time, but you may not want to do that. There is a mall by the pier that has all the shops too.

Divemaster June 30th, 2008 04:04 PM

Re: Two excursions at one port?

Deb:

Sometimes 2 in a day works out sometimes it does not. Lunch will be tight so pack some snacks and water. Magen's Bay is cool but top 10 is subjective. I'd put Half Moon Cay in my top 10. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halosfan2005
I'm looking at the St. Thomas excursions. It looks like the Boss Underwater is from 8:30-12:00. There is also an excursion to Magen's Bay Beach from 1:15 to 4:15. It bills Magen's Bay as one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world.

I've never been on an excursion and don't know what the thoughts are on booking two at one port. Any advice?

We are in St. Thomas until 7:00 P.M.

I'm also open to any input about Magen's Bay or other beaches!

TIA,
Deb

LisaK July 1st, 2008 10:47 AM

yes it can be done. If you snorkel you don't want to go to Maegan's Bay Beach as there is no snorkeling there, you can grab a cab at the ship to the beach and come and go at your leisure you really don't need to book a ships excursion to go to the beach,personally i think that Maegans Bay Beach is a bit of a tourist trap, is it beautiful, yes it is, but i much prefer Sapphire Beach.

Halosfan2005 July 2nd, 2008 01:26 AM

I went ahead and booked the Boss Excursion and I'm going with the Taxi suggestion ~ much better idea! Thanks all.

Halosfan2005 September 5th, 2008 12:16 AM

You posted just in time! I'm flying out in the morning and our ports may get changed. If we end up in Cozumel I can still do the underwater scooter, which makes my day! Thanks :D

Terri&Keith November 20th, 2008 01:37 PM

Did you Underwater Scooter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halosfan2005
You posted just in time! I'm flying out in the morning and our ports may get changed. If we end up in Cozumel I can still do the underwater scooter, which makes my day! Thanks :D

I'm cruising a few weeks and just looking at the Underwater Scooter excursion; did you do it? How was it?

Donna November 20th, 2008 04:19 PM

Hi Terry and Keith,
I did the "BOB" once in St. Thoms... IT was something so different and cool. Everything looks so close, but it really isn't, tons of fish. You do have to wait your turn to go, in the mean time, you can snorkel or just hang out on the boat.