Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to slmfarr Send a message via Yahoo to slmfarr
Default snorkel or best nassau excursion

does anyone know if there is anything else to do other than the dolphin encounter on blue lagoon (bahamas) and if the beaches are now open? If not what is the closest island that feels like blue lagoon and/or what is the best snorkel excursion in nassau. Anyone ever do Bahmas snorkel adventure? Hve 3 children 19, 20, 22 so what a bit of fun to it.
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Default Re: snorkel or best nassau excursion

Might inquire if Stingray City Bahamas is up and running on Blue Lagoon Island. Rays are cool - maybe $50ish pp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmfarr
does anyone know if there is anything else to do other than the dolphin encounter on blue lagoon (bahamas) and if the beaches are now open? If not what is the closest island that feels like blue lagoon and/or what is the best snorkel excursion in nassau. Anyone ever do Bahmas snorkel adventure? Hve 3 children 19, 20, 22 so what a bit of fun to it.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Passenger

Okay, I did the snorkeling last year...... And it was not very good. The actually had us in this small netted in area, and there were very few fish to look at. So the dolphin encounter sounds like a pretty good one to me.
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Admiral

BTDT with the flippers in the Bahamas. Cool if they are having a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokiveil
Okay, I did the snorkeling last year...... And it was not very good. The actually had us in this small netted in area, and there were very few fish to look at. So the dolphin encounter sounds like a pretty good one to me.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Passenger

Default best snorkel in bahamas

what is best snorkel excursion in bahamas

1) snorkle adventure to rose island
2)power boat to exuma,
3) snorkel that also includes, parasail, banana boat, jet ski, lunch (cant remember name)
4)Blackbeards
5) Stuarts cove

or any others that come to mind, for 5 adults, ages 18, 20, 22, 48, 50
(dont want to be with alot of little kids)

We are coming in on fascination have a 24 overnight in nasssau so have all day saturday. we are leaving 8/8/08 so kind of eager for advice and have heard so many different reviews...we are now confused...thanks
Old August 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: best snorkel in bahamas

Y'all are going two directions here - just snorkel or snorkel with parasail, banana boat, jet ski options for the 18-22 folk. Need to decide which direction first?

Quote:
what is best snorkel excursion in bahamas

1) snorkle adventure to rose island
2)power boat to exuma,
3) snorkel that also includes, parasail, banana boat, jet ski, lunch (cant remember name)
4)Blackbeards
5) Stuarts cove

or any others that come to mind, for 5 adults, ages 18, 20, 22, 48, 50
(dont want to be with alot of little kids)

We are coming in on fascination have a 24 overnight in nasssau so have all day saturday. we are leaving 8/8/08 so kind of eager for advice and have heard so many different reviews...we are now confused...thanks
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Passenger

if we could find the best snorkel recommended that would be our first interest.

I am also looking into an alternate tour that is called the all-in-one package offered for $150 (includes snorkel, parasail, banan boat and jet ski)...but not sure if I want this one but if anyone ever went or heard of would appreciate feedback.

I also was told some of the snorkel excursions leave at 9am, our ship arrives at 8am does this leave us enough time as the shuttle picks up at 830am.

I havent heard great things about the snorkel tours being offered by carnival (blackbeards)....so i'm trying to find other recommedations.

we are open to suggestions

thanks
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Yes snorkel and dive trips are hard by bus. Your ability to get off the ship in time can be iffy. Suggest you contact the operators directly.

Quote:
I also was told some of the snorkel excursions leave at 9am, our ship arrives at 8am does this leave us enough time as the shuttle picks up at 830am.
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Beginner

Default Do Not Waste your money snorkleing in Naussa

The snrokleing there is horrid. the reefs are dead and not much to see. I have scuba dived all over the world and that is the least favorite spot