CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Shore Excursions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/)
-   -   Dolphinaris in Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/354811-dolphinaris-cozumel.html)

debbyedoops August 14th, 2008 11:46 AM

Dolphinaris in Cozumel

I found a place in Cozumel called Dolphinaris...for dolphin encounter/swim
Has anyone been here before, i know it is fairly new but any info would be appreciated. :-?
1) It is cheaper but how far is it from the pier?
2) how is their transport?
3) How was your experience?

thanks debbyedoops

cozumelcruising August 24th, 2008 12:08 PM

It is the competition of Dolphin discovery of the Chankanaab Park...built just new after hurricane Wilma destroyed the dolphin place in downtown. It is situatied between the downtown Punta Langosta Pier and the south piers Puerta Maya and International Pier...just a 3-5 minute taxi ride from any of these piers. Dolphin discovery at Chankanaab may be 10 minutes from the downtown pier and only 5 minutes from the south piers mentioned above...really no difference in transportation time..and they pretty much have the same programs. Chankanaab Dolphin Discovery may offer the advantage of entry to the park is included, which offers snorkeling, restaurants, lagoon...etc...so this may be a benefit whereas Dolphinaris is closer for those who want to return to downtown and do shopping..hope this helps!

lholmes474 August 24th, 2008 04:18 PM

I have been looking for reviews on Dolphinaris for months. The best place to find them is to google "dolphinaris reviews" everyone I have read has been very positive. From what I have seen and read you get more time with dolphins at dolphinaris. But any spectators stiil have to pay 25.00 to get in. Please let me know how your experiance was.

debbyedoops August 24th, 2008 09:52 PM

thanks for the info :wink:

debbyedoops

mobile1006 October 12th, 2008 09:03 PM

Dolphinaris in Cozumel

just got back and it was awesome!!! 4 dolphins to 5 people!!

We did the dolphin trainer - just think - you get 2 pictures, snorkle equip so if you've never done this before as 4 in our party you get to practice at the "private beach" Its a small area but a great place to start, a tee shirt for everyone, and drinks and lunch (Lots of food)

We made reservations directly with them, taxi ride was $12 - $15 for everyone ( 7 total people) You pay $25.00 to just observe.

We got there at 9:00 before the cruising crowd and had the whole place to ourselves until the "boat people" arrived. (We were boat people too)
we left about 1:00 pm

We were in the water with the dolphins the whole time then we fed the dolphins when everyone was arriving.....one by one..everyone was wondering how we got the place to ourselves!!! they got 1 dolphin per 8-12 people and got their rides...

The experience was unbelievable!! This is a very reputable company!!

ages of those 5 12, 13, 14, 35, 55 not one complaint observers 30,54

debbyedoops October 16th, 2008 10:22 PM

thanks Mobile for the review...sounds wonderful

debbyedoops

crabby apple December 8th, 2008 05:34 PM

[quote="cozumelcruising"]I Chankanaab Dolphin Discovery may offer the advantage of entry to the park is included, which offers snorkeling, restaurants, lagoon...etc...quote]

did you feel it was worth it for the price?

jimcar77 January 28th, 2009 11:16 PM

We saw Dolphinaris from the taxi, it is very close to the piers, but went to chankanaab....at the end we just wanted to do the dolphin thing so if this is the case, Dolphinaris is better, cheaper and you are close to downtown for other thins, if you want to eat, snorkel, etc...Chankanaab is certainly good...

thejasons March 26th, 2009 04:46 PM

Chankanaab is really nice and the Dolphin program seems professional!