Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cozumel and Grand Cayman

Going to both places in may, Carnival Inspiration. have been looking at two websites that are not through carnivals website to book excursions, they are

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com./Excursions.htm
and
http://www.cozumel-tours.com/

They both seem to have great excursions at better prices. what do you guys think? is this risky or should i go for it. I am not sure what to do in grand cayman heard good things about the stingray, hell, and turtle farm and actually that one might be cheaper through the ship. just nervous about the stingrays. and then in cozumel i was looking at Mr Sanchos beach excursion, all drinks included and food too, plus i get a discount card for like all the shopping, i just dont know how close the shopping is. snorkel gear is extra but how much could it be....seems like a good deal.

~Carnival Inspiration May 2009~
~Carnival Imagination Sept 2007~
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
First Mate

Both of these ports are fine for doing an excursion on your own. Cozumel Mr. Sancho's is a beach you can take a cab to and enjoy with little investment. You may find that ordering food ala carte is cheaper than doing the all inclusive idea. As for Grand Cayman, I would look into sotoscruises.com for $35 you get a snorkel stop and the stingrays. They do a great job. As for the turtle farm, Sotos can drop you off there, or you can check them out on line at Boatswains.com.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID
Default Re: Cozumel and Grand Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks23
Going to both places in may, Carnival Inspiration. have been looking at two websites that are not through carnivals website to book excursions, they are

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com./Excursions.htm
and
http://www.cozumel-tours.com/

They both seem to have great excursions at better prices. what do you guys think? is this risky or should i go for it. I am not sure what to do in grand cayman heard good things about the stingray, hell, and turtle farm and actually that one might be cheaper through the ship. just nervous about the stingrays. and then in cozumel i was looking at Mr Sanchos beach excursion, all drinks included and food too, plus i get a discount card for like all the shopping, i just dont know how close the shopping is. snorkel gear is extra but how much could it be....seems like a good deal.

Let me know what you do and what you decide. We are doing the same but on 8/1 and am in the same boat. I like the idea of going to hell and stingrays but do not want to miss out on some shopping. Also, please please feel free to share any pics and review. I just can not wait!!!!!!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Familiar Face

will do!

Old February 24th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I've swam with stingrays twice in Grand Cayman and it is an awesome experience. I wouldn't miss it if you want to try it
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Don't pass on the opportunity to swim with the stingrays! It is safe and such a unique experience.

In Cozumel, consider doing Mr. Sanchos on your own. The cost of a tax is cheap and taxis are plentiful. You would have to drink and eat a lot to make purchasing an all-inclusive worthwhile. They have a website, so possibly, if you want the all-inclusive, you can purchase it on your own, once you get there -- maybe save a few $$. I love it! It is a small beach, with a small freshwater pool, dining, showers, restrooms, etc. Also, regarding the shopping at Mr. Sanchos, there are shops on both sides, as you enter the beach. Typical of all the shops you see there.

For information on Cozumel, check out CozumelInsider . com They have a lot of good information about the beachs there.

Have fun!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old February 25th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default grand Cayman adn Cozumel

I think that http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com is a great company they offer the Buccaneer Catamaran and its a great tour to stingray city!

In Cozumel also check out Nachi Cocom, through Island Marketing, its THE best beach and its an all inclusive, food, drinks, pool etc!!!
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: grand Cayman adn Cozumel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFish
I think that http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com is a great company they offer the Buccaneer Catamaran and its a great tour to stingray city!

In Cozumel also check out Nachi Cocom, through Island Marketing, its THE best beach and its an all inclusive, food, drinks, pool etc!!!
would you say Nachi Cocom is better than Mr. Sanchos?

Old February 26th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Passenger

In Grand Cayman definitely swim with the sting rays and book on your own. With the cruise lines we've seen large catamarans show up with 75 to 100 people on them where we had 8 on our boat.

Cozumel is so easy to do on your own. Chankanaab Park has good snorkeling and you can swim with the dolphins. They also have massages, bathrooms and food vendors. Or just rent a car for the day and drive around the island and stop at beaches on your own. Here's a site for a beach on the West Coast side of the island called San Francisco beach http://www.cozumelinsider.com/index....E&From=Beaches

Also for shopping Grand Cayman is very expensive where Cozumel you can bargain with them. We normally go off the beaten track and get great prices.

Enjoy.

Debbie

Upcoming Cruises:
Caribbean Princess - May 2010
Carnival Glory - September 2010

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Cruises - 3
Celebrity - 1
NCL - 1
Princess Cruises - 7
Royal Caribbean Cruises - 7
Other Lines No Longer Around - 2
Old February 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Admiral

You have gotten some great advise. Grand Caymen definatley swim with the rays, nothing to be afraid of, we tour with Captain Marvin, he is awesome, to be honest Hell is extremely overated, its basically a tourist trap. Don't expect to get any great deals shopping in Grand Caymen
Old February 26th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Admiral

I totally agee with the above. Grand Cayman is a very expensive place to shop. THat said, you should still have a little time to check out shops after the sting rays. The area where you catch the tender back to the ship is across the street from a long row of one shop after another.
Have fun!
Marty
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

I will jump on the stingray bandwagon and will add that I have booked with Shoretrips before and had a great time. Between my friends and I we have booked with them at least half dozen times, never and issue.

We have always done stingrays combined with snorkel.
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:18 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK
You have gotten some great advise. Grand Caymen definatley swim with the rays, nothing to be afraid of, we tour with Captain Marvin, he is awesome, to be honest Hell is extremely overated, its basically a tourist trap. Don't expect to get any great deals shopping in Grand Caymen
ditto -- Captain Marvin's was great for us. They did a cool underwater and kissing the sea rays (it's good luck) video you can buy of your trip, also. Shopping stunk.

Eagle Ray Divers in Coz will give personal attention if you want to snorkel -- good for first timers. Be careful of the time issue on Coz. We used Island marketing for a beach day at Wyndham resorts, also -- drinks, lunch, snorkeling equipment included in price -- quick cab trip from port. I would NOT recommend driving around that island -- the drivers are NUTS -- too many crazy young tourists hot dogging.

Save the shopping for downtown Coz.