Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Beginner

Default beach break in Cozumel + Island Marketing Inc

My husband and I will be cruising with Carnival in May. One of our destinations is Cozumel. We're looking for a beach break. Usually in Cozumel we go to Passion Island, but due to a back injury, my husband can't ride on the Twister boat ride.Has anyone used Island Marketing, Inc to book shore excursions? They're offering an all-inclusive beach break that seems reasonable. However, I have never booked a shore excursion outside the cruiselines. What's your opinion?
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
First Mate

First of all, you do not need to ride the "twister" to get to passion island. Carnival usually offers a bus ride to the island in which you take a good sized boat over to the island. As far as Island MArketing is concerned I used them on St. Thomas and St. Marteen last year. I could not have been more pleased with them.
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Passenger

We saw the Sanchos Beach Package by CWS and it includes all you can eat from the menu...this sounds a lot better to me than a set lunch...just a thought
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Island Marketing has a very good reputation
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:46 PM
First Mate

We used Island Marketing to book out beach day in Coz about a month ago -- no problems. We went to the Wyndham resort -- all the drinks were included, snorkeling equipment ( the beach is rocky and getting out in the water far enough is daunting because of the big rocks), towels, chaises, and a buffet lunch under a big catalpa (sp?). We had a nice relaxing time. Quick cab ride from the international port. Not a long walking beach, however. The one downside was they were having trouble with their toilets -- the rooms were having problems also, but we did find some that were working next to where you pick up your towels, rather than across from the pool.
Old April 13th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Passenger

While on our cruise, we were not really too much about spending a day at rocky shore and eating from a buffet. So we went with cozumel-watersports.com and went to Sanchos. They had an all inclusive deal for $45 with eating from the menue all you want and any kind of drinks and the kids chose the lunch, soft drinks, snorkel and kayak deal and it worked out just perfect. Service was awesome at the beach, nothing comparable!
Old May 25th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

ISLAND MARKETING IS EXCELLENT!!!! We've been to Nachi Cocom booked it with Island Marketing and its my favorite beach club EVER!!!!!
Old July 8th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Familiar Face

You may want to check the Sanchos Beach Factory! We just got back and enjoyed this VERY MUCH! We booked with Cozumel-watersports and all went fantastic. Sanchos has over half a mile of beach strip, one of the most beautiful sandy beaches in the Caribbean. We ordered all there is from the menu all day long, used the snorkel equipment and kayaks...it was a little paradise with excellent service and at the end I need to say it is not only a good price but an AWESOME price for the value we received!
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Beginner

Just check the prices:

Mr Sanchos with cozumel-watersports.com: $45.00 alll you can eat from the menu and open interational bar, includes snorkel and ocean kayak

Nachi which cozumelcruiseexcursions.com: $49.00 for a 3 couse meal, open bar and all activities at add price

...hmmmm
Old September 1st, 2009, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

yes but Sachos can not be compared to Nachi:-)
Nachi much more exclusive and the beach is amazing. Last time we went to sanchos is was super packed with massive groups

Nachi has a beautiful beach, pool with swim up pool bar and you are really away from the big crowds.

It really depends on what you are looking for