Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Passenger

Default What to do on a rainy day in Grand Cayman?

Leaving on my first ever cruise on Saturday. Our second stop is Grand Cayman and since I've been checking the weather twice a day for all our ports it says 60% chance of rain. Now I understand that that 60% could be for an hour or two BUT if it does rain does anyone have any suggestions for what to do in Grand Cayman with a seven year old when it's raining but we still want to get off of the ship? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Boy that's a toughie, with a child...hopefully you wil get sporadic showers, and you can get off and explore...the last time we were there it rained like cats and dogs..we were still going to get off, but when we saw the drowned rats coming back on, we decided to stay onboard.

Why not call a tour company like Capt. Marvins..he does a stingray city excursion, and ask him, how they proceed with showers..you could take a tour to Hell and the turtle farm,that would be fun, protection from the rain in a bus or taxi..

If you do get downpours as we did, honestly, with a child that young, you both may be happier staying onboard, if you decide a bus tour is not for you..good luck, and have fun!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 18th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Admiral

I totally agree with Trip on this one, you may have to play this one by ear and see what the day does bring, i think she gave some great advise - call or e-mail a tour operator like Captin Marvin (his company is awesome) to find out what their policy is. If the forecast is for a chance of showers that usually means in and out showers. The turtle farm is a good back-up plan, and if all else fails and it does downpour, there are lots of activites to do on board