Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Beginner

Default Cozumal Beach breaks and AI

Where are the best places to go for cozumel beach breaks or an AI resort...I really want great food and A big swimming pool with a swim up bar maybe!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You may want to check with your cruiseline and see what they have to offer...There is always Chanakaab Park, no hotel or pool, but great beach and snorkeling, etc. Its a short cab ride from the pier, somthing to consider.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 24th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were diverted to Cozumel last month via Hurricane Karl. We were docked across from El Cid Hotel and a couple others. I went on the balcony and said I wish we could just hang out there all day instead but we had booked a ships beach tour for $80/pp, 6 hrs and lunch. The weather was misty and when we met on the pier we were given the option of cancelling which we did!! We talked to someone in a booth who took us to the hotel for a $45pp day pass - all inclusive. If you go on your own it is only $40/pp but we had to pay $5 cash for the referral. Anyway, they have a nice fresh water pool, umbrellas, loungers, access to the ocean, snorkeling, all your drinks and food included OR you can pay $13/pp and your food and drinks are extra. It was a very nice relaxing day.
New England/Canada

228 sea days soon to be 249
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Beginner

You may want to check the Ocean Resort beach break...seems like a nice place and gets good reviews...
Old November 7th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Admiral

I highly recommend COZUMEL BEACH BREAK AT NACHI COCOM .It was very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed it. They have unlimited food and drinks, pool with swim up bar and beach. The price was great too for myself and two kids under 10, I paid $73.00. I recommend you book it in advance because they limit the number of guests to keep it from becoming overcrowded. You can just grab a cab it is about a 15 minute drive south of the port.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Familiar Face

Just curious if there are only 2 in your party are there lockers there or any other club for your valuables while you are in the water together??
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:09 AM
Familiar Face

Ok, I hope this helps. Let's be honest. Chankanaab does NOT have a beach, El Cid doe NOT have a beach, NachiCocom does have a beach but the value is far below the competition and since Island Markeing gave it up, it is hardly predesent on the boards. May try the Ocean Resort Beach Club or Passion Island...a way better choice in my point of view. Check with CWS, they have nice discounts!
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I beg to differ, Chankaab has a huge beach with snorkeling...tons of sand and places to walk around.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Familiar Face

I'm looking for something similar for a cruise in Feb 2011. I think I'm leaning towards the Ocean Resort Beach Club. Anyone else have reviews or experiences with this resort. I'm mostly interested in the beach, snorkeling, and food and drink. And what knid of drinks are we talking about here? Local beers and well tequella, or a decent selection of spirts?
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Thumbs up Playa Mia Beach Resort

When we were in Cozumel we did something a bit different on a ship's tour -- a beachside Mexican cooking demonstration! It was at the Playa Mia Beach Resort. After our lesson we had drinks and lunch on site, and then time to explore. It was an extremely nice beach, offered things like glass bottom boat rides and water sports, and was well populated with bikini clad local girls which is probably a recommendation.

It looked to me that it would be a good destination for a beach break. AIRC there was regular bus service from town as well as very good availability of taxis. In fact the ship's tour sent us out there and back by taxi with a voucher.

Check out our trip report and pictures at The Halls Western Caribbean Cruise

Have a GREAT cruise!

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

That is were we r going. You have to take a cab from the dock, cheap. They only alow abot 50 folks for a day. Great grilled fish and drinks. Less crowded than the big resorts.