Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default Grand Cayman Private Sailing

Has anyone booked the Private Sail in Grand Cayman through Grand Cayman Cruise Shore Excursions? I am looking at a 6 hour private excursion for up to 5 passangers on a 22 foot sailboat (with a captain). Cost is only $500....sounds like it may be too good to be true (I would have expected it to cost more). Actual name of the excursion is listed at Grand Cayman Snorkeling & Sailing and Beach Private Adventure Tour (captain is John Michael Stafford). Any feedback is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Is that the J22 Sailboat? Grand Cayman Islands Stingray City Private Charter ??

If it is, that is the one we did about a year ago, and its AWESOME! The captain was a great sailer and he showed us how to sail. We did a stop with the stingrays and snorkeling at another location. We were the only boat at the second stop and the water was so calm. Cayman is perfect for sailing and also we stopped at a little beach where there were star fish. I would highly recommend this tour if you are looking for a private trip
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcconnell95 View Post
Has anyone booked the Private Sail in Grand Cayman through Grand Cayman Cruise Shore Excursions? I am looking at a 6 hour private excursion for up to 5 passangers on a 22 foot sailboat (with a captain). Cost is only $500....sounds like it may be too good to be true (I would have expected it to cost more). Actual name of the excursion is listed at Grand Cayman Snorkeling & Sailing and Beach Private Adventure Tour (captain is John Michael Stafford). Any feedback is appreciated.
Hope you didn't book this excursion...anyone who would go on a 22' sailboat with 6+ people should have their head examined!!! $500 is a rip off!! A 22 foot sailboat is a basic sailing vessel with absolutely no amenities.