Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default HAWAII Helicopters Starting at $50! To good to be true?

I asked this under the NCL forum but thought I'd ask here as well... We have been looking for helicopter tours and found this Oahu Helicopter Tour Honolulu and they have a tour that starts at $50!

Yes I'd love to do the Door's off Helicopter tour but its around $200, but they have more affordable ones that maybe the way to go with our family of 4...anyone done this? It would leave us with mor $$ for tours on other islands rather then spluging all in one port

I know its only 10 minutes but when we went parasialing it was only 8 minutes for $80:-) so $50 for 10 doesn't seem so bad. They also have a 20 minute one for about $128...so many options

Anyone done this?
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFish View Post
I asked this under the NCL forum but thought I'd ask here as well... We have been looking for helicopter tours and found this Oahu Helicopter Tour Honolulu and they have a tour that starts at $50!

Yes I'd love to do the Door's off Helicopter tour but its around $200, but they have more affordable ones that maybe the way to go with our family of 4...anyone done this? It would leave us with mor $$ for tours on other islands rather then splurging all in one port

I know its only 10 minutes but when we went parasailing it was only 8 minutes for $80:-) so $50 for 10 doesn't seem so bad. They also have a 20 minute one for about $128...so many options

Anyone done this?
A ten minute helicopter ride will allow you to say you took a helicopter ride in Hawaii. That's about it. You will hardly see anything. Perhaps go over Diamond Head, turn around and go back.

If you just want to go up in a helicopter then this is fine but if you really want to see the island then it isn't worth it.

My advice is to spend the extra money and do something worthwhile.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

thank you that is a valid point. I guess if we decide to do this we should spluge and do it right.

If you were going to do a helicopter tour, which island would you pick?
Old January 14th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
If you were going to do a helicopter tour, which island would you pick?
My choice would be Kauai, the Garden Island. Truly picturesque from the air.
Old January 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I agree with Kuki.

Kauai is THE island you want to do this. Take a ride over the Napali Coast and see the sheer beauty that you can only see by boat or a LONG hike. You will also see the Waimea Canyon and the other beautiful sites of Kauai.

You will need to head up to Princeville, on the north side of the island, to catch the best and least expensive tours.

I also recommend the Zodiac tours to the Napali Coast. The only bad part is that if the surf is rough the tours are canceled.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me