Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Default Sail and Snorkel Excursions-St. Thomas

I have most of my excursions chosen and reserved, but since I was doing a couple of my open water certification dives that morning in St Thomas and would already have my dive/snorkel gear with me I thought I would do a Sail and Snorkel half day excursion to Turtle Cove. Since I have never been to St. Thomas, I was wondering which everyone would recommend between the Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel(on The Cat) and the new Pirate Schooner Sail and Snorkel(on the Bones). I will be on the Caribbean Princess, and am booking through the cruise line for this one so that I don't cut it close.

Brad
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

For serious diving or even snorkeling I would go with the catamaran - I think the other is more about the sailing on pirate ship experience. You will see more from the Catamaran and I am guessing the focus is more on what's below.

Although I could be wrong - but even so, wouldn't you rather go fast on a cat than be with a bunch of kids playing pirate?
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Admiral

Well, I was looking at the Pirate Ship thing as a photo op for advertising, but given that I do not typically like other people's kids(being far too noisy) most of the time, I ended up choosing the catamaran.