Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Familiar Face

Default All inclusive resort reccomendations?

I'm liking the idea of an all inclusive resort for our cruise in November. Able to relax on the beach, have food right there (hopefully) perhaps some snorkling. I'm a little surprised at the price for what all you get, though. Any recommendations for resorts in Cozumel or Grand Caymen? Preferably with snorkling equipment available and would be nice if they included a lunch but not needed if it's a real good price. Oh and we don't drink so we don't care about an open bar. I saw one in Cozumel that was for adults only with an open bar. Is one like that likely to be a beach full of drunk people? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

When in COZ.... I highly suggest Nachi Cocom Beach Club and Water Sports Center | Cozumel, Quintana Roo | México
Great food, drinks and a wonderful staff for a relaxing day while visiting COZ

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Admiral

totally agree about giving Nachi Cocom in Cozumel a try. Can't help you about Grand Caymen because the main focus there is on the stingrays, i am sure there are plenty of hotels on 7-mile beach that offer some sort of package
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
totally agree about giving Nachi Cocom in Cozumel a try. Can't help you about Grand Caymen because the main focus there is on the stingrays, i am sure there are plenty of hotels on 7-mile beach that offer some sort of package

I looked this place up and it looks nice, but it didn't say anything about use of any beach gear ie snorkling gear. Do they have any of that?

Also, I see that most (maybe all) of the resorts have a limit on people. If a particular beach has a limit, can you assume it won't feel too crowded? We really don't want a crowded beach. We get enough noise at home with our three little ones lol. How do I know I'm getting a relatively more peaceful beach?
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Admiral

we bring our own snorkel gear so i honestly can't help you with that one, i would assume that snorkel gear is available. The beach resorts do a really good job about not having the beaches too crowded, never felt overcrowded at any of the beaches we have hit on our cruises, with that being said, we do try to stay away from the known "tourist trap" beaches.
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I have to also recommend Nachi cocum. I was there two weeks ago today and had a wonderful time. It is all inclusive for drinks and cooked to order food. Both were excellent.

You will need to pay for snorkel trip to the reef. $45 pp, massage $10 (great massage) and you can rent snorkel gear if you just want to play around on the beach. We brought our own for the kids and a couple of masks for the adults. You can look for shells or go a little ways down the beach (in front of the deserted house) and there are rocks where a number of fish were hanging out. Nothing spectacular but interesting, especially for young kids.

They also have a decent sized pool with a hot tub and swim up bar.

My five year old grandson said as we were leaving: "This is the best day of my life."

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Familiar Face

Another vote for Nachi Cocom in Cozumel! Book through Island Marketing (or other local booking agent), not through the cruise line. That way, you'll get there before the cruise passengers and get better pick of chairs.

Beach is nice there and food is great!