CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Shore Excursions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/)
-   -   Dolly Varden tours Alaska (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/384992-dolly-varden-tours-alaska.html)

boxercrazy September 16th, 2011 12:48 PM

Dolly Varden tours Alaska

We had a tour scheduled for our may cruise to Alaska. Upon arrival at the meeting place we were informed that the tour had been cancelled. Through numerous e-mails and phone messages I was informed that we had taken another tour that day since the original had been cancelled. We did not take any other tours with this company!!! Now, since my credit card had already been charged I am in dispute with this company. I have reported them to the local BBB which has since notified me that Dolly Varden has not responded to their inquiries. So I am leaving this up to my credit card company. Please do not book any tours with this company as I feel they are dishonest.

ruthlessboss September 16th, 2011 01:09 PM

At first I thought this might be one of "those" postings, especially since it's the OP first one. There is indeed a Dolly Varden tour company. I thought it was a play on Dolly Parton!
The outfit is not registered with the BBB, but they may not have applied to be accredited (according to BBB).
Their website looks impressive, and not exclusive to Alaska.

Mike M September 16th, 2011 01:45 PM

I'm sorry your tour was canceled. You are doing the right thing by disputing the charges. If you didn't get what you paid for you should get your money back.

I hope you have better luck in the future.

Take care,
Mike

MercedMike September 16th, 2011 03:13 PM

Bad behavior by a tour company

Even though this is a first time post, it has the earmarks of a legitimate problem and not a "drive by." I hope that the OP will keep the thread going with information on his results.

Any tour company can have problems. It is how they face and deal with their problems that determines their legitimacy. This is a fairly well known company so they certainly have a reputation to protect.

It would not hurt at all to let the company know that the situation, and how they deal with it, is being posted to this board.

boxercrazy September 19th, 2011 10:12 AM

I have also sent e-mail asking for the forms....sign-in/consent..etc that we would have filled out if indeed we did take a tour. There will not be any because we did not take a tour but I`m curious how they will handle this....I`m afraid I just won`t hear from them....:mad:

ruthlessboss September 19th, 2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxercrazy (Post 1393210)
I have also sent e-mail asking for the forms....sign-in/consent..etc that we would have filled out if indeed we did take a tour. There will not be any because we did not take a tour but I`m curious how they will handle this....I`m afraid I just won`t hear from them....:mad:

But, sometimes miracles do happen!

You don't suppose they accidentally had your name under the wrong booking?

boxercrazy September 19th, 2011 11:26 AM

Even if, to prove I was there or wasn't, there should be a paper trail. I would have filled out some kind of form for any tour!! I know I did not take any tour with them and I want them to show "proof" that I did.