CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Shore Excursions (
-   -   Aruba & Curacao Tips (

beachbum13 February 29th, 2012 06:21 PM

Aruba & Curacao Tips
I have a friend going on a cruise to Aruba & Curacao and they are looking for tips on beaches and things to do. Is there any good land based excursion companies???

MercedMike March 1st, 2012 12:10 PM

Aruba and Curacao
Check out our trip report and pictures at The Halls Southern Caribbean Cruise

In Aruba we used Wixtours and he was very good. The island is not really very exciting. We did pass what looked like a couple of nice beaches.

In Curacao, I highly recommend the Sea Lion Encounter at the Seaquarium. it was delightful!

Have a GREAT cruise!

Donna March 1st, 2012 04:33 PM

Keep in mind, there is some good snorkeling in Curacao too. Once you are onboard if you still don't know what exactly to do, watch your TV and go through the shore excursions. Also, beforehand, use the cruiseline's web-site and look at them all, lots of interesting things to see and do.

Kuki March 1st, 2012 07:32 PM

In Aruba... DePalma island is just off shore, and owned by the Renaissance hotel, which runs ferries back and forth all day. You used to be able to buy a day pass at the hotel in downtown... not sure if that is still the case. But, if so, it makes for a great beach day.

We've also done an ATV tour on Aruba that we really enjoyed.

Curacao - wandering around town is simple and pleasant, or you can grab a taxi to Seaquarium beach.

showcat March 30th, 2012 02:25 AM

I did ship tours from Carnival on both. Did Jolly Pirates snorkel trip in Aruba, which is a combo party booze cruise with 2 snorkel stops and a swim stop. Water was too deep and choppy for me to snorkel I'm experienced and it scared me but we had a blast dancing the limbo line, If I had it to do over again I would have just done a land tour or gone to Eagle beach. In Curacao Carnival had a 7 hour tour that took us to Boka Tabla where the waves crash, 2 pristine beaches for photos, 2 museums, and the Curacao Liquor factory. It was one of the best ship tours I've ever done! Amazing!:o Curacao is my new favorite port so much to see and do there! I hope to return!