Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default ocho rio mystical mountain excursion

Hi, my family of 4 are going on a carnival cruise soon to jamaica. I have saved $$$ for us to try the excursion to mystical mountain. Due to the harrassment of locals I think it best to book through the cruise ship. My concern is... if for some reason the ship doesn't dock that day or the excursion is cancelled due to weather and I have already pre-booked this excursion will i get my $ back? I really do not want credit applied to our onboard ship account or another excursion. Will I be too late if I wait closer to the date to book so I can find out the forecast? Our cruise is 4 weeks away.

Also we are driving to Miami, spending the night and boarding the ship the next morning. My husband is having a terrible time finding a place to stay that doesn't charge so much to leave our car. They have a one way shuttle to the ship.

This is only our second cruise and I hear Miami is a nightmare.

any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Since you did book through the cruiseline, if they cancel it for any reason, you will get your moneys back. Jamaica is a dock port, so you should have no problem docking, its Grand Cayman that is a tender port, that does get missed, due to high winds/bad weather.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Familiar Face

I love and recommend the Sofital hotel in Miami....french elegance, beautiful rooms and they really take care of you. Its the only place I stay before my cruises...I enjoy staying there so much that I am booking a couple of days extra at that hotel before my cruise...the ambiance on the cafe outside with a view to the lagoon at night with the sunset is unforgettable.