Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default HAL Ryndam, shore excursions,Western Carribean

We are booked on the Ryndam this Feb. I am looking to book excursions privately to save some $. I would like to do a zip line in Honduras. Does anyone have experience with any very good private companies?
Also any suggestions for Guatemala or Costa Maya excursions and excursion companies?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Administrator
Admiral

In Costa Maya I would advise you to get away from the port. It is basically one big shopping mall. If you like that then that is the way to go.

Last year we went to Chaccoben Ruins and the Seven Colors Lagoon. It was a fun day and the ruins are very interesting. More interesting than Tulum, IMO and I recommend it.

We have also went into Mahjual (sp) and just walked down the street and bought a few things from the street vendors and stopped and had a drinks in one of the bars. You can do that in the Costa Maya Mall, actually they have Senior Frog's there but I just liked the atmosphere in the Mahjual bar. Plus the drinks are half the price or even more than that lower than you will get at port.

I really don't have any information on the zip line.

Take care and have a great cruise.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the info. Did you go to the locations with an independent tour company or by yourselves? Not so much interested in going to bars. We are a family with a teen; and want to possibly look at ruins or check out a local beach in Mexico.
Thanks again.