Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Default Shore excursion ,Nassau ,Bahamas

My wife and I will be cruising to the Bahamas this summer .It will be our very first time there.

I have been researching the shore excursions and descriptively the Discover Atlantis +Beach Break seems the most interesting .However there are more on line negative reviews than positive .

My question is have any CM people done this excursion and if so would you recommend it ?
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Depending on your itinerary, maybe you can beach at another port,and spend the day enjoying Atlantis and shopping by the port.

You don't have to buy the ships excursion to Atlantis, just cab or water taxi over. The cab is faster and less expensive if I remember correctly. You can buy your tickets to The Dig, right at the hotel. It's an interesting walk around, with the aquarium right there,and you can walk through the tanks, as you see here..wave to the nice lady lol

You can have a nice lunch, enjoy the shops, drop a few quarters in the slot,and leisurely get back to the dock area, to enjoy the local crafts markets..Don't miss the the most beautiful store in the Caribbean..John Bull, has one store in Atlantis and the other on Bay Street..well worth going over to Atlantis..lots to see and enjoy

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; March 3rd, 2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

HI LF,
Yes, I would recommend visiting Atlantis and doing the tour of the dig/aquarium...Truly something to see, also keep an eye for the art work during the walk, some amazing pieces....It also doesn't have to take your entire day, there still is time for shopping in Nassau if you wish or if your wife wants to shop.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Thanks Donna and Trip .