Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old April 2nd, 2017, 12:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Mmc card how long did it take ?

I Am waiting for my mmc card and just wondering how long does it actually take to be issued? I was told 2-8,weeks but iwould like to hear from people who have been through the process and can give me better in sight thanks!!
Old April 6th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgoladii View Post
I Am waiting for my mmc card and just wondering how long does it actually take to be issued? I was told 2-8,weeks but iwould like to hear from people who have been through the process and can give me better in sight thanks!!
Assuming you have sent in all of your documents, and can sign into the Homeport, the process will take about a month. However there is a busy season, I know people in the past who have had to wait 6 months. If you just sent it, either early April or late March, you should get it in about a month. I would expect it probably the first week of May.
Check "https://homeport.uscg.mil/missions/merchant-mariners/merchant-mariner-application-status" about once a week to keep an eye on the status. The NMC and USDHS will keep you updated. You can also call 1-888-IASKNMC.