Old May 4th, 2001, 02:42 PM
aehicks

Default Cruise memories

My wife and I have been on 2 cruises so far and are preparing for our 3rd next week. We've been looking for some kind of souvenier to buy on every cruise to remember the ship by. For example, I wanted to collect models of each ship we've been on. Does anyone know if they make these and where you can get them? Or does anyone have any other ideas of a good way to keep a good memory of each ship. Since we are hooked on cruising, I have a feeling that we are going to be seeing a lot more ships in our lifetime.
Old May 5th, 2001, 08:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Cruise memories

Lots of stuff on the Infinity. Gold and Navy towels left in our cabin during our Hawaiian Island cruise had the ship stitched on one or both ends of the towels. They were available for purchase at $27/ea. They were nice, big towels. The bathrobe were also available for sale. In one of the shop on board, there were models of the Infinity and lots of "logo" type cruise stuff with the ship on. We spent our share on Infinity logo stuff during our 10 day. . . and tolds ourselves at the beginning of the cruise that we would not purchase anything but wine with dinner! However, the 4 days crossing the Pacific left us with ample time to spend, spend, spend.

Enjoy.

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Old May 5th, 2001, 09:40 PM
slavearlen

For what it is worth I do this each time:

1) Purchase the photo albums, large and small, with the ship's name on the front. The big album hold most of the photos, and I take alot. The small book hold about 72 and I keep them on my coffee table. Now have four. Everyone looks through them and just loves them.

2) I have a charm bracelet and purchase a small cruise ship. When I return home, I engrave the ship name and date on each one. Cost a fortune, but so does cruising.

Works for me!!!
Arlene
Old May 5th, 2001, 11:30 PM
pvh

My husband buys the coffee cups with the ship's name and info on them.
Old May 7th, 2001, 11:58 PM
Sandie

Some good ideas! We purchase the mugs, too, and also a Christmas tree ornament if they have one, or something that can be made into an ornament. We are renovating our powder room, and plan to put framed photographs of each of the ships we have sailed on with a label indicating the date of the cruise up on the wall. The motif will be ala Titanic. We also plan to put up an appropriate type of shelf for the mugs. I was able to get a replica of the mug from the White Star Line used on Titanic.
Happy cruising!
Sandie
Old May 20th, 2001, 10:24 PM
chellie

That mug and ship print idea sounds way tacky to me. Have you a singing fish? Will it be resident in the powder rooms as well?

Why not buy a high qualty print from each port visited and hang them on the walls?
Old May 21st, 2001, 08:48 PM
chellie

Sandy--I shouldn't have said what I did about your ship powder room motif. If that is what you like, the that is what you should do! Different strokes for different folks!