Old November 18th, 2003, 12:40 AM
cruisin

Default carnival

Hi!
I am wondering about people who aren't really into "fancy" cuisine. My husband and I don't want to miss the dining room experience but I have read some of the sample menus and I guess my husband and I are really picky but they don't really sound all that appetising, interesting but not appetising. Are there any alternatives besides all of the sauces and broccoli that seems to be on everything?-besides not eating in the dining room? I'm sure they are really good, for those who like things like that stuff. I don't want to be embarrassed when we don't order because we don't like all of that. Thanks.
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:28 AM
sls

Default Re: carnival

Just got back Sunday and I don't think the sauces were too overpowering. My husband had mostly red meat. There wasn't anything on the prime rib until they came around and asked if you wanted au jus. The tenderloin just had a pat of butter. I had mainly seafood, lobster tail comes with dipping butter, some of the shrimp entrees were heavily sauced. The chicken had some sort of glaze on it which was very good. Just ask the waiter what you want and they can probably accomodate you. You won't embarass yourself and you'll have a wonderful experience.

sls
Old November 18th, 2003, 10:38 AM
First Mate

The first night of the cruise, you are advised that if you don't see anything to your taste on the menu, you can always order either a steak or grilled chicken. The pasta is always fabulous!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old November 18th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Admiral

That's right, if you don't like what's on the menu, ask the waiter if they can cook you a steak. Chances are they will go out of their way to accomodate you.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old November 18th, 2003, 04:22 PM
cruisin

Default Re: Re: carnival

Do they give you all of the menus for the whole trip the first night? That would be nice so you new what to expect before dining each night.
Thanks
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: carnival

I wish they did, but unfortunately, they don't.

You can find a variety of menus online here.

Cheers,
Michelle B.