Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

Old May 31st, 2001, 02:08 AM
llmoyer123

Default is there a shuttle from lauderdale to miami

though we cruise out of miami, i'm more inclined to fly into and out of ft. lauderdale (better rates). i'm contemplating the possibiity of renting a car in lauderdale for a day or two ahead of the cruise and dropping it right at the pier (i've HEARD this is possible......any comments on it????).

if this isn't a possibility, then i'm wondering if there's a shuttle (carnival cruise) from lauderdale to miami.

also, i'd like a recommendation on the best hotel/motel at the best price. nothing fancy but a good location.

thanks.
Old May 31st, 2001, 07:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: is there a shuttle from lauderdale to miami

.Our family 2 adults & 2 teens are flying into FLL a couple of days early and staying in Fort Lauderdale. I was asking the same thing about hotels. If you want on the beach starting from $$$ to $$ there is the Marriot Harbor Beach, Lago Mar, Sheraton Yankee Clipper, etc. I was talking to someone and they got a room at the Marriot for $70 through priceline, (normally $200), so I tried it and got a room at the Doubletree Beach Front. I have heard it is nice too with one side on the beach and the other on the water way. all of the above have webpages.

For transportation you can pick from the shuttle for about $12 per person or since there were 4 of us and luggage I am going to surprise the family and a limo is going to pick us up at the hotel and take us to the port it was $90. After the cruise, since our plane does not leave until 6:00 that night out of FLL we rented a car (actually a Blazer) from Avis right on the pier and will drop it off at the FLL airport for $52 Hope this helps let me know if you have more questions.