Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:11 PM
James Umbarger Jr

Default One Night In Rome

We are flying into Leonardo Da Vinci Airport in Rome Friday morning of September 24th and would like to see a little of Rome that day ,stay over night, and boarding the Star Princess Saturday ,any ideas about a hotel Friday night keeping in mind we want easy transportation to the ship the next morning.
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Confused in Oregon

Default Re: One Night In Rome

Hi,

Go to crosspollinate.com. They do accommodations for Rome, Florence and Venice. Very, very helpful --- really, really We're spending four nights in Rome, there are three of us and they found us a studio apartment with private bath, elevator, five minutes from St. Peter's for $110 Euros/night. Although that's not inexpensive, for June I wasn't finding anything close to that. They even gave us written instructions for getting from the airport to the apartment. Just super people. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old May 8th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Henry

We will be staying in Rome 3 nights before our July cruise and 1 night after. We are going to stay at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza - St. Peter's. It's about 15 miles from the airport but the hotel has a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport.

To get to the ship you would take a 20minute taxi ride to the train station. There is a train that goes staight to the port. After the cruise you can take the train directly to the airport or back to Rome.

This hotel location is perfect for sightseeing in Rome.
Old May 8th, 2004, 02:16 PM
AR

Not to be a naysayer, but I wonder whether you travel to Europe often, and if you do how you are affected by jet lag.

If you arrive in the morning after an overnight in coach, then proceed directly to a full day of sightseeing, then make the journey (and it is one) to the ship the next day, you're likely to be a complete basket case when you board, no matter what hotel you've stayed in.

So I can only hope you've considered this and allowed for it, that you're flying in business or first so that you have a shot at getting some sleep, and that you have experience with jet lag and know how it affects you.

They say that Rome wasn't built in a day; fact is, it isn't often seen in a day either.
Old May 8th, 2004, 06:29 PM
zazzy

crosspollinate.com does not work. says domain name is for sale. any other ideas on places to research rome accomodations? we are staying over the night AFTER our cruise in September.
Old May 9th, 2004, 11:16 AM
clo

Oops, that gave me a moment of panic. I mis-wrote the first time. It should be
cross-pollinate.com - needs the hyphen. I just checked and that DOES work. Good luck. I really found them to be super people to work with.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
JoyceM

I totally agree with AR's comments about jet lag! Be prepared for a groggy, headachy day after no sleep, if this is new to you. In a day, you won't be doing much more than a drive-by of the major sites--but that is still worthwhile!
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: One Night In Rome

We are staying in Rome for two nights after a cruise. Because of our early morning flight we are staying at the Airport Hilton. We read on their website that they have a shuttle to downtown Rome that runs 6 times a day. Also, as we can leave our luggage at the hotel the train from the airport into town would be fast and convenient. It wasn't cheap but considering taxi fare to town and back and a 7 a.m. flight we felt this was the thing to do.Good luck