Old November 14th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Misc. Questions

Going on Eastern Caribbean cruise Nov. 21. Real newbies.

1. Can we use our credit cards in Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Bahamas?

2. Should we bring medication for sea sickness? Any suggestions on best product?

3. My husband wears compression socks, so we won't wear shorts. He wears blue jeans. I've read that jeans are a no-no on cruise ships. Will there be any problems wearing blue jeans daily?

4. What type of hangers are in the closets?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Old November 14th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Admiral

1. yes, can use anywhere.
2. have never gotten seasick but did take Bonnie on first couple of cruises, even though never used.
3. he should not have any problem wearing the jeans, but if the cruise you are taking has formal night then jeans most likely will not be allowed in the dining room.
4, the hangers are plastic straight hook, meaning the hanger part stays on the rod but the part for the clothes comes off

Hope this helps
2005-2 Princess, 2006-Princess MSC, 2007-NCL,2008-Carnival & RCI, 2009- MSC & Carnival, 2010- 2 Carnival,2011-Carnival, 2012-Carnival & MSC, 2013-MSC & Carnival, 2014- 2 MSC, 2015-2 Carnival & MSC, 2016-NCL & Carnival,2017- MSC, 2018-2 NCL & MSC & RCI, 2019 RCI & Carnival
Old November 14th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The dress codes you may be reading about, apply for the dining room at dinner, otherwise, you can wear shorts, jeans, etc. during the day and for any excursions you may be doing.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 14th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Admiral

Default Compression stockings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyzm View Post

1. Can we use our credit cards in Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Bahamas?

2. Should we bring medication for sea sickness? Any suggestions on best product?

3. My husband wears compression socks, so we won't wear shorts. He wears blue jeans. I've read that jeans are a no-no on cruise ships. Will there be any problems wearing blue jeans daily?

4. What type of hangers are in the closets?

I wear compression stockings because of Venous Insufficiency.
I wear shorts (only on cruises)with diabetic socks.(I am not a diabetic).In the evening I put on the compression stockings.
Check with your doctor and see if that is something you can do.
Old November 14th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyzm View Post

1. Can we use our credit cards in Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Bahamas? Yes

2. Should we bring medication for sea sickness? Any suggestions on best product? Most people won't have a problem, but you might want to bring some Non-drowsy Dramamine. I'd bet you won't need it !

3. My husband wears compression socks, so we won't wear shorts. He wears blue jeans. I've read that jeans are a no-no on cruise ships. Will there be any problems wearing blue jeans daily? He can wear jeans everywhere except for formal night in the dining room where he needs to wear slacks. Just FYI, it's going to be hot on your cruise! I've seen many men wearing compression socks and shorts, so you might want to pack a few in case he changes his mind!

4. What type of hangers are in the closets? It depends on the cruise line. Some have hangers that can't be removed (usually, they can if you lift the closet rod !). Other's have "normal" wooden hangers and wire hangers available. I usually take my own plastic hangers (they weigh almost nothing) and slide the cabin hangers to the back of the closet.

Kathy, welcome to CM's . Please feel free to ask any more questions!
What ship are you sailing?
SunPrincess2006NCLDream&
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn&
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess&
GoldenPrincess2009CarnivalConquest&
GrandPrincess2010IslandPrincess&
GrandPrincess2011CarnivalMagic&
CarnivalDream2012IslandPrincess&
CarnivalMagic2013CarnivalLegend2014&
CarnivalMagic&CoralPrincess2015
CarnivalLiberty&CaribbeanPrincess2016
EmeraldPrincess2017 Island Princess2018
CoralPrincess2019
Old November 15th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Kathy, welcome to CM's . Please feel free to ask any more questions!
What ship are you sailing?
The MSC Divina. Our friends booked the cruise.
Old November 15th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Admiral

We have sail on the Divina 3 times, love it. Make sure you go to the shows, they are fabulous.

If you drink but not a lot, they have coupon books that will save you money, and one book will work for two of you.
They also have deals on unlimited drinks.
2005-2 Princess, 2006-Princess MSC, 2007-NCL,2008-Carnival & RCI, 2009- MSC & Carnival, 2010- 2 Carnival,2011-Carnival, 2012-Carnival & MSC, 2013-MSC & Carnival, 2014- 2 MSC, 2015-2 Carnival & MSC, 2016-NCL & Carnival,2017- MSC, 2018-2 NCL & MSC & RCI, 2019 RCI & Carnival
Old November 18th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Captain

You may want to call the credit card companies and notify them of your travels. That way, the charges will not be held up and flagged as potential fraud. They like to know you are the one making charges in a foreign destination.
Old November 18th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haimia View Post
You may want to call the credit card companies and notify them of your travels. That way, the charges will not be held up and flagged as potential fraud. They like to know you are the one making charges in a foreign destination.
I've been so busy and just got back from a WDW trip that I forgot to notice my credit card companies. Called them today. Thanks for the reminder.