Old May 21st, 2003, 01:31 AM
Mary L.

Default Canada to US Border Crossing Warning

We just returned from the Zaandam crossing into the US from Vancouver to SeaTac airport on Saturday 5/17. The US screening is getting pretty tough. We were held up about 2 hours and we were lucky in that we didn't have to unload all the "checked baggage" from the storage compartments below as one of the buses ahead of us did. All passengers are having to leave the buses with all carry-on baggage to enter the border station, be screened and have your carry-on xrayed. If you have a flight scheduled to leave SeaTac before 3PM, you might not make it. We left Vancouver at 8:30 am and arrived at the new "Cruise Ship" bus debarkation station at the North end of SeaTac airport at 1:35 pm. We were about the first bus from the Canadian cruise ships to arrive. You still have to claim your luggage from the bus, transport it to your airlines, have it screened by airport security and get to your gate. If you can't get a late (after 3pm) flight, I'd seriously consider staying over in Seattle and traveling the following day.
Old May 21st, 2003, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Canada to US Border Crossing Warning

Hi Mary,
Thanks for that warning, just another reason I choose to fly directly to Vancouver, saved a ton of time and no hassles, we made an 11:10 flight with no problem last Sept.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 21st, 2003, 11:53 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Canada to US Border Crossing Warning

I was on the same cruise & we flew out of Vancouver on Sunday (we opted to stay an extra day to see Vancouver). We breezed through security & customs - no one even weighed our luggage. Thank goodness for that because I am sure we were over the weight limit!

Post Edited (05-22-03 22:07)