Old June 5th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Kathy Cramb

Default Skagway Horseback Riding

My family and I are going on Sun Princess 20 June. I am interested in horseback riding at Skagway, but do not like to gallop on a horse. The last time I rode, I fell off twice when the horse began to gallop. I am getting too old to be falling off horses! I like the leisurely stroll. Do the horses gallup, or can you just have them walk the entire trail. I know trail horses tend to follow each other, when one gallops they all pick up the speed. Any history on the Skagway horse rides would be much appreciated.
Old June 6th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Skagway Horseback Riding

This is a basic run tour, and very costly for what you get. Way superior is the horse back riding out of Carcross. But with your priority for just a "follow the leader" type ride, it may be the best option for you. Very very tame from my room mate who went, but not worth the cost in her opinion.