Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old February 28th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Default Kuki, Paul, Jim, et al.

Would it be possible to put in the blue box above a message the author's name who started the thread? Where it says, " Re: Kuki, Paul, Jim, et. al." off to the right put the persons name who started it?

This way when you're reading 15 messages or so you know if your reading one by the author without having to scroll all the way back to the top.

Just an idea that might improve the site.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 28th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Kuki, Paul, Jim, et al.

Hummmm, my post didn't make it so lets try again.
I'm a little confused too Thomas. I always look at the threads in the 'flat view' mode simply because it is so easy to scroll back and make sure of who said what, especially when the thread gets a little long. Posts sometimes do have a tendency to drift away from the original question or statement so I have just found this easier to keep track of. We are always looking for ways to improve the website and make things easier for all so please give with any ideas you think may help and we will definately consider them and maybe even make the changes, it has happened in the past. We do appreaciate all suggestions. I am a little fuzzy about your Tom and not sure what you mean. Do you mean that in the blue bar in the upper right it would just have your name? Not sure what that would accomplish. Help my foggy brain out there my friend. <G>
Jim

Old February 28th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Sorry for not making myself clear, I swear it's from living with Mrs. Thomas for so long. You see she understands me perfectly! Wonderful woman!

In the blue header bar above each message is the title of the thread. See above my name where it says Re: Kuki, Paul, Jim, et. al. ? In this same header bar if the original posters name, the poster who started this thread, could appear in the same bar and to the right it would help in these long threads to remember who started the topic to begin with.

Is this any clearer?

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 28th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Oh please don't get more complicated on me guys, I'm having a hard enough time trying to post without losing my flag and my clock!!

Donna

Old February 28th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Admiral

Okay - I look at the subject to see if I want to read it ... and to the right of the subject is the person's name who started it - works for me! I don't need to read it in the blue bar, too - because I've already seen it.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old March 1st, 2003, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Kuki, Paul, Jim, et al.

Now that the thread floats to the top when a new reply is posted some of these threads get pretty long and old. When reading old, or long, threads it might help to see the original poster's name in the header bar.

Regards,
Thomas