Old April 19th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Beginner

Default Western Caribbean excursions

Sailing on the Miracle May 7th and want to book the canopy tour in Belize. I am trying to decide if I should book through Carnival or take a private tour? I heard that it takes longer to disembark if you do not book through the cruise line. Any advice? Also, if anyone has been on this cruise I would totally appreciate any advice on what to do at the other ports...only other place where I want to do an excursion is Grand Cayman..otherwise...just want to sit on the beach and relax...
Old April 19th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Admiral

We snorkeled with the stingrays in G. Cayman and couldn't have been happier.

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old April 20th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I book through independent companies when (1) I've been able to verify with others that they're dependable (2) when the excursion doesn't take all my time in port. If the excursion lasts 6-7 hours and we're in port for 8 hours I always take the ship excursions (3) if you have to travel inland any distance I take the ship excursion. I don't want to be 1-2 hours inland and have an independent company's transportation break down.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 21st, 2006, 07:39 AM
Admiral

itis, if you do the canopy tour, tell me how it was. DF and I are going in October and want to do that as well. Thanks.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 21st, 2006, 08:40 AM
Admiral

if you book the canopy tour just make sure its "The Original Canopy Tour" that's the reputable one
Old April 22nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
Passenger

Hey itiswhatitis, been to Grand Cayman several times and each time with a different group of people. If you are thinking of doing the snorkling and stingray city tour, contact Captain Marvins tours for this. You will be in a smaller group than if you booked with cruise ship and the people are great. They will find an eel and play with it so you can get pictures. You will go to two seperate snorkle areas and then to the sandbar where the stingrays are. You can find them on the web. Book this over the internet as soon as you can, they fill up fast.
Scott