Old April 24th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Passenger

Default Just Back-Imagination

We just got back from the Imagination out of Miami to Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios and had a great time! The ship was very clean. Our cabin steward was fantastic. Greeted us by name every time we saw him and did all that was asked (which wasn't really much as everything was perfect). The beds on this ship are awesome, very comfy and room was cleaned 2x per day.

We had the late seating and the food and service in the dining room was excellent. Great choices every night and my husband is a picky eater!

The shows are fun and there was always a lot to do. There was ample room on the decks for everyone and the smoking was limited which was terriffic.

My 12 year-old daughter made lots of friends (easy for her) and even my 16 year-old son made friends (not so easy for him because he is quite shy). They just hung out a lot in every body's rooms, played cards, soccer on the deck, etc.

We gambled a few nights and ended up winning enough to pay for our sign and sail cards, which ended up higher than we thought (think shore excursions), even though I didn't really drink on the ship, but oh well, the tab ended up being picked up by Carnival.

My only complaint this whole trip (and it is quite small) is that one woman in particular felt the need to yell across the deck to her kids, friends, waiter, etc. It just seemed that no matter where we chose to sit on the deck, you could hear her! So frustrating when you are trying to relax. All of the dirty looks from the other passengers did not seem to phase her.

The shore excursions were awesome. We did Stingray City in GC early in the morning. What a blast. Definitely worth doing and it is short so you have time in town. We also did the Dunns River Falls tour in Ochos Rios. Very fun but not for the non-athletic. We saw a lot of injured ankles on the ship after this stop. The people in Jamaica are very aggressive sellers, which doesn't bother me because I love to haggle with them. But if you aren't a good haggler, watch out. My husband has sucker written across his forehead and buys for too much. I always get a better deal. I would definately recommend this trip.
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Sounds like you had a fantastic cruise. Thank you so much for your review. So many choices now with all these great cruise insights.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Beginner

Default imagination

I am going on the same cruise on Saturday April 29th, just wondering if you had any additional tips for things you wish you had dome while you were cruising or things you wish you had brought along on your trip.

Also, in your opionion how formal was the formal night on the ship?